Samir Nasri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I thought Nasri played well. He most definitely was fully involved in the press and he did not in any way slow the play down. If that is the case after just a few sessions with Pep then I would be interested to see a whole season.
Under previous managers it was only Silva or Nasri for that position (occasionally both) and Silva was often injured. He could afford to be lazy. With the squad make up now, any drop in performance and he is benched and maybe not even the bench.
As everyone agrees a fired up Nasri is an asset to any team.

Of course not but he'd step up when it mattered most whilst the same can't be said for Nasri so his attitude is even harder to compromise with.
I like Nasri but every manager in the last 6 years has had issues with him Started with Mancini he's obviously got some sort of problem.

He was always on team sheet for every manager at City bar few weeks and when injured.

Before he left for Sevilla last season did Nasri not say that Pep had asked him to stay and fight for his place but he wanted to go to Sevilla for guaranteed football, if true then Pep clearly doesn't have any problem with Nasri. Pep is very vocal with speaking of players mentality and how important it is for both the player and Pep as the manager, Pep wouldn't have taken him on pre-season or have played him in both games if there was any problem.

I think he will leave but I don't think he is being forced.

I guess we'd sold him if good offer would come. He is not getting any younger and he is on big wages. But bad player he is not. Nor did he was bad for City overall in his club career. Was important part of all trophies we won in recent years and though he could have certainly made bigger influence based on his quality, we never played better football than when he was in the team with silva and yaya.

He should be included in the squad for certain. Involved in both of our title wins, MOTM in a cup final and still has something to offer (and Pep likes him).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.