Centre back options

But are we gonna sign anyone better to be 4th choice behind vinny, Otamendi and Stones? Plus he is a lefty.
I don't know I suspect Pep will rather go for a player with defensive flaws who can pass than a player who is a more solid defender but who lacks ball skills. We will see though.

Badstuber sadly looked far away from his old level during his loan with Schalke 04. I doubt he has the level required for City these days. Further I believe his injuries were all serious ones, nothing comparable to the muscle injuries that plagued Kompany, so there could be a general doubt concerning Badstubers physical constitution.

Cudnt we have kept kolorov if thats all were after??
No, I think you're missing my point. Because if it was kolarov we'd need vinnie on the pitch pretty much every match because last season showed that 2 from stones, kolarov and otamendi wasn't good enough for where we wanted to be. Any of those three were probably ok with kompany next to them but none of them good enough imo without him. Potentially that changes with batstuber as an option. Imo you then have several pairings that would be good enough as long as one of kompany or batstuber was there. So not quite so reliant on kompany. Assuming batstuber can get back to his pre injury form that is.

Don't know what to make of the lack of proper links to CB's. I don't think it's a great sign. The Laporte saga has really hurt us in this regard.

If we trigger Inigo Martinez clause for example. It would show a certain amount of hesitation on our part. Since we could have done that a long time ago and got him before our pre-season.

Last edited:
I agree with that.

What I don't agree with is Pep putting his faith in Vinny. He has said he can't 'trust' him. Now he can. Huge gamble.
Lol. You are bending over backwards to not see the likely obvious.
Perhaps its not that Pep is putting faith in KompNy staying healthy, rather perhaps he simply just has equal faith in his 2 other CBs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.