Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd hazard a guess that if sane and Jesus had started the season/settled quicker, we'd of hammered the scoring charts... I'd say today it isn't even up for debate, we hands down have the best attack and that's without the incoming...

Aguero had to get used to a completely different system which he didn't really look comfortable with until the final 10/15 games....

I did a spread bet last season on City's goals

Went went high at 88.5 therefore lost money

I was delighted to get the same offer this year because I asked in May and I've lumped on again at 88.5

I'm very confident I will win this time especially if Alexis joins

Ooooooo.....20 new pages in the Sanchez thread

giphy.gif

My favourite gif time :-(

That's mainly due to Mourinho and co. failing spectacularly. Of course, it may turn out differently, the best teams/squads on paper don't always win, there's many other factors to consider and we don't know what will happen during the season but going off the talent in the squad before the season starts, Arsenal aren't even close with or without Sanchez.

I see a lot of Arsenal fans saying "lets keep Sanchez and push for the title this season" i don't think anybody that isn't an Arsenal fan thinks that is even remotely likely. How many of the Arsenal squad would get in Chelsea's side? Sanchez would, Bellerin would, possibly Koscielny at a push but that's it. who would make their squad? an argument can be made for maybe another handful at most. Arsenal aren't 1/2 players away from challenging, they've only got 1/2 players capable of challenging.

Ability wise, looking at the squads right now, City and Chelsea are comfortably above the rest and should be 1/2 this season. United will get top 4 boring teams to death with Fat Sam's Bolton tactics and playing the percentages. If you defend with 11 men and pump enough balls into the box for the big men you'll win enough games for that. Then there's not an awful lot between the other 3. Spurs had stability and consistency with their squad and manager last year which gave them a big advantage, something that i don't think will be as beneficial to them this season now that managers of other teams are more settled, they have the better 11 from the 3 teams but their depth is lacking, 1/2 injuries in key positions could seriously damage them. Liverpool are in a similar situation, they didn't have Europe to contend with last season and probably overachieved slightly given their squad, they needed to spend big just to stay where they were imo, as yet, they haven't signed enough quality or quantity to cope with the extra demands will drop off.

There are a couple of things that i find a wee bit annoying being an Arsenal fan, but i'm on a rival teams forum so i expect a fair bit to be dealt out. The famous 4th place trophy is one, even though we actually haven't finished 4th in a few years. We also constantly hear Arsenal are a 1 man team, yet we beat Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea last season at various stages, so that 1 man must be pretty damn good. We hear hardly any of our players would get in our rivals team but if you take an aggregate points total of the last few seasons i bet we wouldn't be far off the top. We don't show enough ambition apparently, which it seems in the modern day ambition just equates to money spent.

Back to your point, i would agree that we aren't title favourites, but is it wrong to try and aim to get an extra say 10 points on last season? We were awful for a long spell last season, yet we managed 75 points. We've tweaked a few things, a new formation, added a couple of players that have qualities that we lacked. The likelyhood is that we'll fall short again, but i just want them to show the proper application & give it a proper go.

All this will probably be a fan being overly optimistic at pre season mind you, come the opening weekend when we get beat at home to Leicester i'll be ranting and fuming like the rest of them! :-)

There are a couple of things that i find a wee bit annoying being an Arsenal fan, but i'm on a rival teams forum so i expect a fair bit to be dealt out. The famous 4th place trophy is one, even though we actually haven't finished 4th in a few years. We also constantly hear Arsenal are a 1 man team, yet we beat Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea last season at various stages, so that 1 man must be pretty damn good. We hear hardly any of our players would get in our rivals team but if you take an aggregate points total of the last few seasons i bet we wouldn't be far off the top. We don't show enough ambition apparently, which it seems in the modern day ambition just equates to money spent.

Back to your point, i would agree that we aren't title favourites, but is it wrong to try and aim to get an extra say 10 points on last season? We were awful for a long spell last season, yet we managed 75 points. We've tweaked a few things, a new formation, added a couple of players that have qualities that we lacked. The likelyhood is that we'll fall short again, but i just want them to show the proper application & give it a proper go.

All this will probably be a fan being overly optimistic at pre season mind you, come the opening weekend when we get beat at home to Leicester i'll be ranting and fuming like the rest of them! :-)

we'd have beaten you 3 times with an honest ref, so maybe a 2 man team

It's the hope that kills you our kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.