Diabetes

Nail on head mate, too much £££ big Pharma only interested in money. Keep you sick but keep you alive just treat symptoms not root causes. Most of the Western world getting to pre diabetes levels, hyperinsulinemia is a driver for heart disease. For me the whole food pyramid is wrong but big food companies pay lots of money to the big wigs.

It always comes back to the basics though eat well exercise and enjoy life!

anyway, this video 23 1/2 hours raises some interesting points!

It always comes back to the basics though eat well exercise and enjoy life!

anyway, this video 23 1/2 hours raises some interesting points!

Wil take a look at that pal. The eat right thing problem is we get told fat gives you high cholesterol that drives heart disease and get told to get 55% of diet from carbs healthy whole grains yet they are what drive inflammation and high insulin that's what the killer is. I eat mainly healthy fats extra virgin olive oil nuts, avocado coconut oil and wild salmon grass fed meat pastured eggs and small amount of sweet potato. I stay away from most grains. Sugar and carbs in excess are the devil.

Wil take a look at that pal. The eat right thing problem is we get told fat gives you high cholesterol that drives heart disease and get told to get 55% of diet from carbs healthy whole grains yet they are what drive inflammation and high insulin that's what the killer is. I eat mainly healthy fats extra virgin olive oil nuts, avocado coconut oil and wild salmon grass fed meat pastured eggs and small amount of sweet potato. I stay away from most grains. Sugar and carbs in excess are the devil.
there another video from that chap specifically about diet as well worth a look.

Nail on head mate, too much £££ big Pharma only interested in money. Keep you sick but keep you alive just treat symptoms not root causes. Most of the Western world getting to pre diabetes levels, hyperinsulinemia is a driver for heart disease. For me the whole food pyramid is wrong but big food companies pay lots of money to the big wigs.
Exactly.

there another video from that chap specifically about diet as well worth a look.

Yea ill deep dive into now mate on another note quite a lot of good science coming out on gut health and disease. Been researching that area quite a bit lately and it's fascinating latest being they now believe most brain degenerative diseases happen in the gut.

Yea ill deep dive into now mate on another note quite a lot of good science coming out on gut health and disease. Been researching that area quite a bit lately and it's fascinating latest being they now believe most brain degenerative diseases happen in the gut.

can't stand sauerkraut, fermented foods aren't to my taste sadly

You'll fcuk your hormones up eating such low calories mate.
Bullshit. Absolute Bullshit.

As for a type 2 worried about going Hypo, forget it. You are type 2 not type 1. To give you an example, In my second month I was still doing 600 calories low carb with fasting. I would get home from work having eaten nothing all day. Just the odd black coffee and a coke zero. I would then check my glucose level, at this time it was around 5.5 mmol/l (I was still on metformin) then go for a 40km bike ride. Glucose immediately afterwards was always same or higher. Two hours afterwards it would be down around 4.5 to 5. I would then eat. In the morning it would be around 5 to 5.5 again.

I was in ketosis. In this state the only cells that actually need glucose are the red blood cells. Everything else works perfectly well on ketone bodies. The glucose in my blood was produced by gluconeogenesis and this increased when exercising. https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Principles_of_Biochemistry/Gluconeogenesis_and_Glycogenesis

Bullshit. Absolute Bullshit.

As for a type 2 worried about going Hypo, forget it. You are type 2 not type 1. To give you an example, In my second month I was still doing 600 calories low carb with fasting. I would get home from work having eaten nothing all day. Just the odd black coffee and a coke zero. I would then check my glucose level, at this time it was around 5.5 mmol/l (I was still on metformin) then go for a 40km bike ride. Glucose immediately afterwards was always same or higher. Two hours afterwards it would be down around 4.5 to 5. I would then eat. In the morning it would be around 5 to 5.5 again.

I was in ketosis. In this state the only cells that actually need glucose are the red blood cells. Everything else works perfectly well on ketone bodies. The glucose in my blood was produced by gluconeogenesis and this increased when exercising. https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Principles_of_Biochemistry/Gluconeogenesis_and_Glycogenesis

Sorry mate you are 100% wrong about this, you do know that type 2 diabetics have hypos don't you? and those hypos can be dangerous? If you have ever dropped to 3.2 you'd know this and 600 calories for someone who isn't a borderline diabetic would in my view be dangerous. If you think that type 2 diabetics can't have hypos you're wrong, so terribly wrong.

Sorry mate you are 100% wrong about this, you do know that type 2 diabetics have hypos don't you? and those hypos can be dangerous? If you have ever dropped to 3.2 you'd know this and 600 calories for someone who isn't a borderline diabetic would in my view be dangerous. If you think that type 2 diabetics can't have hypos you're wrong, so terribly wrong.
You are right and thats why you need to be careful,everyone is different and you are right to be cautious

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.