United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, I are mostly calling 'em the 'Trafford Globetrotters'.
hqdefault.jpg

I think they will struggle this year they obviously have a good back 5 and decent midfield but they lack a world class creative player to deal with parked busses. They are also in the same position goals wise as they were last year.
Their top scorers in the prem last year were
Zlatan - 17
Mata - 6
Pogba - 5
Rashford - 5
Martial - 4
Last year they scored 54 goals in the premier league which is lower than bournemouth. I think with the arrival of Lukaku they can expect a few more goals and maybe some of their players may step it up but i cant see them scoring more than 65. 65 goals is 3 more than Everton managed last season who finished 7th. In my opinion anyone who thinks they are going to win the league or even challenge for the title are not looking at the facts. No team in the premier league era has won the league scoring less than 67 goals and in the premier league era the leagues only been won 3 times out of 26 with a team scoring a similar number of goals 67,68,68. And one of the teams was Leicester in that very strange season. i expect them to challenge for top 4 at best.

Good post.

They will struggle to score more goals than last season. They probably needed both Lukaku and Griezmann, even if they get Perišić, they will still lack goals.

They will play Matic, Herrera, Pogba for the majority of games with Lukaku plus 2 of Mata, Rashford, Martial, Mkhitaryan, Lingard.

Or Matic-Pogba and 4 attackers, Either way not much quality there. Looks like they think all their players will massively improve. Pogba is terrible in a 2 man midfield and just average in a 3.

Struggling to see how they will get top 4 this season.

Signing Matic will make Pogba better :) so not only was Pogba 90million you have to spend 40 million on another player to make him any good

They are linked with Auier in the Independent, he's a right back from PSG. He's pretty good but unhinged - he once did a Periscope session, off his head and slagged of Blanc, Ibrahimovic and a few others. He also has a Police assault charge pending . Oh, and he's saved lives of players(twice) on separate occasions when they have collapsed on the pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.