Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't believe we have anywhere near enough cover up front, and must bring in someone.

Nolito and Nacho have gone, and I totally understand that they did not play much last season, but I think that was just because they were a significant drop in standard from Kun and Jesus, but they were on the bench if required.

One bad injury to the front two, would mean we would not have a recognised goal scorer on the subs bench at all, which is no way to start a campaign where you actually want to challenge for four trophies.

So are you suggesting that if Kun gets injured, we will start a CL match with Mbappe up front and Jesus on the bench?

And what if Kun isn't injured? Then one of these world class players on the bench every weekend and that is if we play two up front.

Morata left Madrid for this reason. And if Morata had played more no doubt Benzema would have asked for a move.

The big question is what formation we are going with now we have Walker and Mendy. Do we require wingers? If not then Raheem and Leroy will be deployed more centrally. Can they get enough goals?

We have a lot of options for attacking midfield. It would be no surprise for us to load up in that area and not play a definite striker in games. Diaz would be a more than capable back up at this stage, moving Sterling or Sane further forward.

It also doesn't 'feel' like Diaz will be off on loan. It's all speculative but the loanees have generally come from players slightly under Diaz and Foden's level.

I think given that he's a CAM it'll probably benefit him more here playing less but under Pep, in our system, in this league and training everyday with us. Rather than playing in a probable relegation battling side who'll likely get dicked by 6/7/8 goals at times next season.

He'll be playing regularly however and different league won't change that the playing style will be similar. I think that's traditionally been the metric used by Pep in bringing along youth, balancing minutes with training & exposure with other senior team players. In City's case, you have 8-9 midfielders already and would be a shame to see him get so little playing time when you consider Pep has been critical of the lack of adequate competition for the youth setup. At Girona, in the Primera, he will get immense experience with those minutes & competition. The only caveat is that Machin had Girona earn promotion through primarily a counter attacking tactical set up which is not how Pep plays. Girona spent time this preseason in Manchester training & consulting with the technical staff of City so it can be assumed that Pep has an understanding with Machin on how to bring along City players.

It's a great situation for the player, Girona, Catalunya & City

Ok, 560+ pages in and I'm going to chip in my twopennoth. Like many on here I am astounded by the fee that is being asked, however, I recognise that a) (potentially) he is a one in a million kind of talented youngster, b) to get that kind of talent in a market where umpteen teams are looking to sign him the price is always going to get inflated and c) we have been pussyfooting around getting a marque player who, like PSG have done this year, will announce that we are prepared to go head to head with the old guard.

All that said, I can't help but believe, Mbappe would develop better under Pep's tutelage rather than Zidane's as he has a greater reputation of turning rough diamonds in to the finished product compared with Zidane who, in my humble opinion, hasn't really done anything the same with anyone at Real. His friendship with Mendy and B Silva also have to be huge pluses in our pursuit too as he, theoretically knowing players already here, should be able to integrate far quicker and seamlessly into the squad.

Unlike outside the realms of us Blues, I genuinely believe Pep (despite a relatively slow start by his standards) is truly building what will become one of the greatest teams for years to come who will finally allow us to take the fight to Real, Barcelona, Bayern and (to a lesser extent as I don't think they have the tactical manager to utilise their new found talents at the present time) PSG!! The naysayers in this country who are just waiting for him to fail are going to be so so disappointed!!!

Mbappe clearly has massive potential otherwise every top team in the world wouldn't be chasing his signature so, hopefully, the club will recognise that he could be a huge piece in the jigsaw for many years to come and sanction his pursuit. I mentioned a marque player earlier and believe that we are now actively seeking up & coming players for that title and no longer players who have may well be huge 'names' but who frankly may have peaked and possibly be about to start their decline (I'm particularly thinking about Kaka).

So, those are my views, I just hope we now truly commit ourselves to signing him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.