Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
The spanish press seem to be hinting that Zidane would prefer the backup for his front three to come from their youth setup.
One article linking us to Mbappé and it will drop down to 5/1.

I bet Bernardo Silva was a lot higher than 12/1 odds until the night before he moved.

The difference is nobody had been linking us to him on here or in the papers. It just came out of the blue. Everyman and his dog knows we are interested in Mbappe and yet the odds are still enormous.

Mbappe has attracted interest from a number of top clubs but he is relatively inexperienced, one season at first team level.

Whoever pays close to a world record fee will likely receive widespread media criticism, (particularly if it is us). It is a gamble.

I hope the pressure from such a huge fee does not adversely effect the young lad, as it seems to have done with Sterling. With sport psychological pressures can inhibit natural talent. That happened with the experienced Bravo last season, it will be even greater on such a young lad.

The spanish press seem to be hinting that Zidane would prefer the backup for his front three to come from their youth setup.
Should be read as "Perez is pushing Bale back to England". Don't think it's a question of money, probably Mbappe demands 1 spot in attack to be cleared for him.
As for Barca, there were reports that they're "not interested in Mbappe anymore" which IMO has only one explanation: KM has already agreed his transfer to Madrid and is waiting for Bale's departure to Chelsea or Utd.

Mbappe has attracted interest from a number of top clubs but he is relatively inexperienced, one season at first team level.

Whoever pays close to a world record fee will likely receive widespread media criticism, (particularly if it is us). It is a gamble.

I hope the pressure from such a huge fee does not adversely effect the young lad, as it seems to have done with Sterling. With sport psychological pressures can inhibit natural talent. That happened with the experienced Bravo last season, it will be even greater on such a young lad.

I'd say the number of zeros at the end of Sterlings transfer fee probably hasn't effected his performance or confidence anywhere near as much as the volume of negative press that was chucked at the poor lad...

I don't think his transfer value is as much of an issue there as the character assassination and vitriol IMO

Of course I could be completely wrong but I just dont think that'll be the case with this lad. One way or another he's been in the spotlight since he was coveted at 14. He's done it on the big stage with Monaco. And being French Im not sure how much he'd give a shit about the media over here hanging that price tag on his head. He has that youthful ignorance and plays because he loves the game. His youth could work in our favour. Personally I think he'll smash it over here record fee or not. Just my humble opinion of course :)

Ok, 560+ pages in and I'm going to chip in my twopennoth. Like many on here I am astounded by the fee that is being asked, however, I recognise that a) (potentially) he is a one in a million kind of talented youngster, b) to get that kind of talent in a market where umpteen teams are looking to sign him the price is always going to get inflated and c) we have been pussyfooting around getting a marque player who, like PSG have done this year, will announce that we are prepared to go head to head with the old guard.

All that said, I can't help but believe, Mbappe would develop better under Pep's tutelage rather than Zidane's as he has a greater reputation of turning rough diamonds in to the finished product compared with Zidane who, in my humble opinion, hasn't really done anything the same with anyone at Real. His friendship with Mendy and B Silva also have to be huge pluses in our pursuit too as he, theoretically knowing players already here, should be able to integrate far quicker and seamlessly into the squad.

Unlike outside the realms of us Blues, I genuinely believe Pep (despite a relatively slow start by his standards) is truly building what will become one of the greatest teams for years to come who will finally allow us to take the fight to Real, Barcelona, Bayern and (to a lesser extent as I don't think they have the tactical manager to utilise their new found talents at the present time) PSG!! The naysayers in this country who are just waiting for him to fail are going to be so so disappointed!!!

Mbappe clearly has massive potential otherwise every top team in the world wouldn't be chasing his signature so, hopefully, the club will recognise that he could be a huge piece in the jigsaw for many years to come and sanction his pursuit. I mentioned a marque player earlier and believe that we are now actively seeking up & coming players for that title and no longer players who have may well be huge 'names' but who frankly may have peaked and possibly be about to start their decline (I'm particularly thinking about Kaka).

So, those are my views, I just hope we now truly commit ourselves to signing him!
Agree with a lot of that but how City can be described as Pussy footing around is beyond me

We would seem to be head and shoulders the best in this transfer market - we have got great signings at decent prices

I can think of a couple of clubs who would be romanticised for it!

Agree with a lot of that but how City can be described as Pussy footing around is beyond me

We would seem to be head and shoulders the best in this transfer market - we have got great signings at decent prices

Never have or ever would imply we've 'pussyfooted around'!! This year's, and to a slightly lesser extent last year's, transfer dealings have been top class and clearly show a clearly defined mindset of how we wish the club to progress.

My minor concern is that we are still somehow perceived as collecting the scraps left by the old brigade and I believe a concerted and achievable Mbappe bid will, like PSG have done with the purchase of Neymar, truly show that we are there for the long term and will be the club that they aspire to be in the coming years!!!

Well said
No this is not well said at all.

Bernardo Silva was not on the radar either on here nor in the media. He may not even have been priced up.

Everybody knows we are interested in Mbappe. It has been routinely mentioned in papers in the UK and abroad. And yet you can still get 12/1 about him joining us. Why?

Because Madrid have shown an interest in him and he idolizes Zidane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.