Basque and Catalan groups protest ''Tourists Go Home''

As soon as i seen something like that i would have gone back to my hotel packed my family up gone to the airport and flew out on the first flight back to Blighty, fuck em

Why? No one was going to hurt us? Would have missed out on 5 more days of relaxing and great holiday. Won't be in a rush to go back though. Airport experience was horrendous.

Just back from a week in Mallorca and was in Palma the night the restaraunt got stormed. Saw a few protestors around the harbour earlier on and wondered what it was all about.

I came back from there 2 weeks ago,didn't see anything like this,I mean what would this island do or be like without tourists.............fucking crap is the answer,the jobs wouldn't be there for the locals for a start,and the demonstrators can go and sit in the open spaces and talk shit with each other

Buy British and boost our economy. I read on here the other night about 'Poles' sending their earnings home and not spending it here, which starves our economy - doesn't the same apply to all the billions we spend that props up countries like Spain, Greece?
Surprised to see some of the same posters who are anti everything and everyone, criticising the Spanish for this.

Perhaps if they were rocket scientists, and not shepherds, they could afford to buy a gaff in their own town....

Oh, and its "Ilkley Moor 'baht hat"....

;-)
Couldn't give a fig how they say it the wooly backed sheep shaggers:)

Why? No one was going to hurt us? Would have missed out on 5 more days of relaxing and great holiday. Won't be in a rush to go back though. Airport experience was horrendous.
Because i won't stay somewhere i'm not wanted, same with pubs here, if you walk in and the locals are hostile i drink up tell them to fuck off and leave

Because i won't stay somewhere i'm not wanted, same with pubs here, if you walk in and the locals are hostile i drink up tell them to fuck off and leave
It was a group of about 20 lads. Hardly representative of the whole island.

As much as you think this is an issue they let it happen. If you are going to allow cheap hotels, even cheaper bars and cheap flights to come into your country then you will have to put up with the baggage that comes with it. Unfortunately Spain got greedy. Now a few people are complaining mainly due to youth unemployment/ lack of cheap housing stock but without the tourists how do they think they will pay for it all?

They should be having a go at the government and not the hand that feeds them.

Look what happened to Greece. An economy based on tourism is very fickle.

Spain? It does what it says on the tin but I will say this...if you go away from the Blackpool by the sea areas and explore a bit you will find a wonderful country full of history, good food and drink and lovely people. I despair sometimes at people who go to Spain for 10 days expecting to find English style pubs and food. Why not just stay at home?
Probably because it's far cheaper to stay in a 4 star hotel in, say, Mallorca for a fortnight with a family of 4 on a package deal, than it would be staying at an equivalent hotel in the UK. And, generally, the weather is better, too.

To quote Eric Idle "I've been on package tours many times before, and your advert really baught my eye".

Never had a problem on the 17+ times I've been to Mallorca, nor, for that matter, any other Spanish holiday.

Probably because it's far cheaper to stay in a 4 star hotel in, say, Mallorca for a fortnight with a family of 4 on a package deal, than it would be staying at an equivalent hotel in the UK. And, generally, the weather is better, too.

To quote Eric Idle "I've been on package tours many times before, and your advert really baught my eye".

Never had a problem on the 17+ times I've been to Mallorca, nor, for that matter, any other Spanish holiday.

Must be just me then because my idea of a holiday wouldn't involve lying on a sun lounger with hundreds of other pasty Englishmen and women whilst their offspring ran riot around the pool.

Most countries have their "revolutionary" hot heads who like to whip up the impressionable to blame all their problems on "foreign invaders " - this isn't the first example and it won't be the last. Spain's issues over unemployment - particularly youth unemployment - rising prices and property issues ( boom and bust in recent years ) have been going on for some time. Has to be said any Spaniard who gives it 5 minutes thought will conclude that stopping tourism that is so vital to your GDP isn't the answer. Aren't UK tourists by far the highest in number to Majorca?

I live on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales and spend a lot of time walking there. Holiday homes is a real problem. You can't build as it's a National Park, so young locals, priced out, move to bigger towns like Skipton. Slowly the villages die, schools close, village shop closes and, worst of all, the local pub closes as it has no local population to sustain it in the winter. No idea about a solution.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.