Ben Gibson

It's like you've slept through the last few years. The transfer market isn't the same as it was with all the money other clubs have now.

Oh that's ok then, let's just keep throwing silly amounts of money about on average players. £50m for England internationals like Walker and Stones, who are regarded as up there with the best players in their positions, I get. £25m on someone who didn't really excel in relegation fodder last season, I don't.

Like I said, we've got a £30m centre half in Mangala not being used there, give him a second chance to prove his worth and either save the money or use it elsewhere. Or if we want to give youth a chance, then promote from within. Give Tosin the chance to gain some experience. Who knows, we may end up with our very own £50m centre half for once!

Middlesbrough's best player last season(though that's not saying much)
They were set up defensively which can make defenders look better than they are too. If we were going for a CB I'd have gone for Keane, him and Stones worked really well when played together for England but that ship has sailed and I don't think there's a better available backup out there than Mangala.

Middlesbrough's best player last season(though that's not saying much)
They were set up defensively which can make defenders look better than they are too. If we were going for a CB I'd have gone for Keane, him and Stones worked really well when played together for England but that ship has sailed and I don't think there's a better available backup out there than Mangala.

The options are more limited because Pep is specifically looking for a left-sided CB. Keane is not that. And there aren't many around. Laporte/Van Dijk perhaps the best ones available. But those ships seem to have sailed unfortunately.

We definitely need another cb imo. Gibson is English which will add to his value but I did like what I saw of him last year. Yes from me

I would rather promote from within than pay boro 25m for a slow cart horse, WTF is going on in this thread ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.