Ben Gibson

I would rather promote from within than pay boro 25m for a slow cart horse, WTF is going on in this thread ?

This! If United was linked with him for £25m, this thread would be full of people taking the piss and questioning who he even was. But now City are supposedly interested, he's turned from a Championship standard defender, into the reincarnation of Paolo fucking Maldini apparently!

This! If United was linked with him for £25m, this thread would be full of people taking the piss and questioning who he even was. But now City are supposedly interested, he's turned from a Championship standard defender, into the reincarnation of Paolo fucking Maldini apparently!

Perhaps because he looks far, far better than Stones did and we shelled out 50 mil on him.

That's not really a barometer to judge Gibson by though. I think he's an average player and there's much better out there.
Yeah somebody put up a list a few pages back of our signings this summer with Mbappe if he signs and Gibson sticks out like a sore thumb, as a 4th choice I'd rather us give tosin a chance, we nearly lost him earlier this year so why no give him a chance

Yeah somebody put up a list a few pages back of our signings this summer with Mbappe if he signs and Gibson sticks out like a sore thumb, as a 4th choice I'd rather us give tosin a chance, we nearly lost him earlier this year so why no give him a chance
Tosin is right footed, Gibson is left footed, kolarvo replacement

Because Pep is looking at left-sided CB's. We wouldn't be even considering Gibson if he was right-footed.

And Gibson never looked better or more talented than Stones.

Put it this way would you seriously swop the Managaler and £10 million for Gibson for me we would be shelling out to go backwards.

Oh that's ok then, let's just keep throwing silly amounts of money about on average players. £50m for England internationals like Walker and Stones, who are regarded as up there with the best players in their positions, I get. £25m on someone who didn't really excel in relegation fodder last season, I don't.

Like I said, we've got a £30m centre half in Mangala not being used there, give him a second chance to prove his worth and either save the money or use it elsewhere. Or if we want to give youth a chance, then promote from within. Give Tosin the chance to gain some experience. Who knows, we may end up with our very own £50m centre half for once!

Mangala plays like he's got a grenade at his feet, although a good defender, he's never a pep player. £25m is cheap in today's market, there's not many more players available. Tosin is not ready to play in our first team, never been to impressed with him. I thought we should have gone in for van dijk at the start of the summer but city obviously think he's to expensive.

I seen your other post after i posted mine, I nearly quoted yours to say I agree bizarrely :)

A 4th choice centre half should be a bloody youth, you have to give them some hope and the carling cup games.

Aside from the fact that we want a left sided centre half, I don't for the life of me understand why we're being linked with Gibson. Boro's best player but that's not saying much IMO.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.