Citizens Saturday. 5 August

Cheers lads, get emails from the club about all sorts of shit, but not about useful stuff like this, or why the fuck their season tickets haven't arrived yet

Change your preferences in your account. I've had loads. Been all over social media too if you're on that.

Good day, red hot later after a cold dull start. The skill and speed of our squad, even the young players looks top class. Nice to see some old players, Andy Morrison has trimmed down and weaver looked fitter than when he was here. Great hearing Fred Eyre saying he kept the team sheet from when he made his debut with Law etcetera on it. The interviews could be a bit more interesting, maybe a couple of stories on when they were playing, mostly it was raving about the present squad. Got a picture taken with the legend Buzzer. It was the first time I had looked around the academy facilities properly, bloody breathtaking, no wonder players want to join us! It must have been a fantastic day for the kids. Well done City!
Yep...............as last year great event, and like you, love the legends coming on stage and having a chat, so well worth the trip up from Bristol.
The club certainly took a flyer by not having a marque this year but thankfully the weather was good !!!
Never in my life have I got an autograph, but as Nick Weaver was right next to me at the time, got him to sign my entrance ticket. After all, he was a "major player" when that critical moment in City history happened !!!!!!!
Just as a matter of interest, and for next time at the Etihad, could any one give me exact directions to get on to the City walkway when leaving from City Square, to get back to Piccadilly. I saw one sign, but ending up walking along a canal towpath ( lovely walk mind ) and at Holt Town tram station got off the path but ended walking around in a big circle before ending up at the back of the station.
It would be good to know as sometimes I have time to kill before catching the train back to Bristol.

Brilliant day! A huge thanks to the club for organising it.

Got VK Ferny and Bony to sign my shirt! So chuffed!

Only feedback for next year is maybe hold back a few of the balls given away in the stadium to use in the games later on. There was a shortage of balls for the mini-games and sometimes the games had to be stopped when a ball went over the fence.

Our club is the best in the world!

Had as good a mooch around the site as I could but they wouldn't let me go all the way around but I loved the surroundings of the place. I've been to a few Academy games and went inside when Gary James did the new badge events and I've been impressed with the place every time I've been. I don't know how good any clubs like Real Madrid's training grounds are, or any of the richer NFL clubs like Dallas or NRL clubs like Brisbane's training grounds are... but our CFA must be one of the world leading training complexes. A bit different to Platt Lane or Wythenshawe Park eh?

As for the event yesterday, it's a shame it wasn't a proper training session with all the squad. It was more of a warm-down session for those who played against West Ham the day before. But that's understandable. But it was a Sunny day and as I've said the surroundings were brilliant. Didn't stay around for the things after the training session as I don't think it will have been aimed at me but seeing the squad made me excited for the season to start.

Yep...............as last year great event, and like you, love the legends coming on stage and having a chat, so well worth the trip up from Bristol.
The club certainly took a flyer by not having a marque this year but thankfully the weather was good !!!
Never in my life have I got an autograph, but as Nick Weaver was right next to me at the time, got him to sign my entrance ticket. After all, he was a "major player" when that critical moment in City history happened !!!!!!!
Just as a matter of interest, and for next time at the Etihad, could any one give me exact directions to get on to the City walkway when leaving from City Square, to get back to Piccadilly. I saw one sign, but ending up walking along a canal towpath ( lovely walk mind ) and at Holt Town tram station got off the path but ended walking around in a big circle before ending up at the back of the station.
It would be good to know as sometimes I have time to kill before catching the train back to Bristol.

It's on here in yellow http://www.mcfc.co.uk/~/media/Files/One Direction Safe Walking Route.ashx

You can go pretty much the whole way on the canal. Easy the nicest way to and from the ground imo. Apart from the odd occasion the little scrotes are out chucking rocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.