Centre back options

Well said.
Really. What's it with Donald Trump like populist nonsense that leaves folks so impressed?

As usual Neville hasn't made a single factual point. Hasn't countered with anything other than anecdotal claptrap exaggerated to make the unusual seem the norm.

Again I repeat, take everything Neville said and add it together and with all that supposed woe, we still end up giving givingup fewer chances than Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool. Only pack the bus United and Totenham were better.

Again I will repeat seeing as y'all are missing it.

City's shitty CBs conceded fewer chances with all their errors than Champions Chelsea.

Again these facts are too stubborn to be dislodged by emotional anecdotes.

Agree. It's absolutely ludicrous going into the season with Kompany, Stones, Otamendi and Tosin.

We need another top class CB else the same deficiencies will show.
Yes, we need a Kolarov replacement. But its not as serious as people getting all bent out of shape. We are talking about the 4th CB here.

And if Pep decides Mangala or Tosin can cut it, then lets see. Sure if be like, meh not the greatest 4th stringer, but okay.

For Fuck sake, same Neville who is not happy to have Adarabioyo get a chance as 4th choice, couldnt stop waxing lyrical about how Pelegrini ruined Denayer by not giving him a chance.

@Neville Kneville make up your mind cuz, should the kids get a chance or no?

:p

Agreed. Kompany gets injured and we have Stones and Otamendi playing 3 games a week. Not ideal if we actually want to win anything.
No we don't. We Have Dihno and Adarabioyo. Clearly we'd go to more of a 3 CB formation. And Adarabioyo or Dihno van step in, or Mendy drop in, or Walker.

We've seen the hints in preseason.

Folks need to stop being so static in their understanding of positions. FFS, we have Pep. Since when has he ever stuck to traditional views.

I mean this whole flap is about replacing Kolarov... Who himself wasn't even a CB before Pep got here.

The list is long, Macherano, Alaba., Kimmich, Kolarov, I'm sure in the unlikely event Kompany goes down and we need to play a 4th and 5th choice CBS, I trust Pep can improvise.

No we don't. We Have Dihno and Adarabioyo. Clearly we'd go to more of a 3 CB formation. And Adarabioyo or Dihno van step in, or Mendy drop in, or Walker.

Folks need to stop being so static in their understanding of positions. FFS, we have Pep. Since when has he ever stuck to traditional views.

I mean this whole flap is about replacing Kolarov... Who himself wasn't even a CB before Pep got here.

The list is long, Macherano, Alaba., Kimmich, Kolarov, I'm sure in the unlikely event Kompany goes down and we need to play a 4th and 5th choice CBS, I trust Pep can improvise.

Good point. I completely overlooked the adaptability of the squad and Pep. Dinho can definitely slot in at CB if really needed. He is great there, much better than at fullback. I always thought Mendy can play CB as well. Tosin, I'm not so sure about, he is lacking the physicality IMO but maybe he can play the cup games. Didn't see any loan rumors recently, Pep could keep him.

Good point. I completely overlooked the adaptability of the squad and Pep. Dinho can definitely slot in at CB if really needed. He is great there, much better than at fullback. I always thought Mendy can play CB as well. Tosin, I'm not so sure about, he is lacking the physicality IMO but maybe he can play the cup games. Didn't see any loan rumors recently, Pep could keep him.
Its looking like a keep for Tosin. All that said, hope we get an LCB so Neville can be happy. :)

Dax 777 raises a good point about the flexibility expected by Pep. If Vinny gets injured I imagine he will be replaced by Bravo

Short memories if people think we'll be ok with Kompany, Stones and Otamadman with possibly Tosin as 4th centre back. If Kompany gets a long-term injury then we are in trouble, we might get away with it in easier games but in big games I can see us coming unstuck without Kompany and it would cost us the league again. Stones has looked very good in pre season but Otamendi to me just can't help himself, you think to yourself he's having a good game then he has to go flying in, going to ground, making a stupid challenge. The idea that Dinho can fill Kompanys shoes at CB is stupid, how would that pan out against Man Utd Long Ball FC with their team of giants now?

Short memories if people think we'll be ok with Kompany, Stones and Otamadman with possibly Tosin as 4th centre back. If Kompany gets a long-term injury then we are in trouble, we might get away with it in easier games but in big games I can see us coming unstuck without Kompany and it would cost us the league again. Stones has looked very good in pre season but Otamendi to me just can't help himself, you think to yourself he's having a good game then he has to go flying in, going to ground, making a stupid challenge. The idea that Dinho can fill Kompanys shoes at CB is stupid, how would that pan out against Man Utd Long Ball FC with their team of giants now?

We will be in big trouble if Kompany gets injured. That 'if' should probably be a 'when'.

Id be happy with what we have. One major probelm of recent years has been too many players. The fringe players get so rusty it's not worth having them. As people have said we have addaptable players. Mendy at LCB of a 3 woukld be great i reckon. As would Fdinho on the right of a 3. That system allows for more cover so it suits less experianced CBs. I also rate Tosin and think he is worthy of a chance so hes another option. Buying another player would just mean one or even 2 CB's on the bench for most of the season and we have so many mids and attacks players we need to get them involved as much as possible.

I'm not always in agreement with your posts, but I agree with this. On top of what we have, Tosin, Mangala, Fernandhino, Danilo, and even Yaya can fill in if required.

We've been linked with Ben Gibson too, more cover if its true.

As I see it, we won't be doing a huge amount of defending anyway, as we will spend most of our games in the opposition half, and we now have a keeper who can cover quite a bit himself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.