Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he's thrown the ball back in Arsenals court by saying he will see out his contract and I think he knows arsenal really want money for him rather than lose him for nothing. Next step hopefully is I will sign for city and Pep once my contract ends that's when I think arsenals true colours will come out.

What if they keep Sanchez and finish 6th? Sanchez goes on a free and they need a replacement that will cost them a minimum of 50m. What if Ozil and Ox do the same? Leave on a free and need another 60m to replace them both. Is Kroenke ready to invest serious money into Arsenal if that happens. If not they could struggle to get back to the CL. Ruined for years.

Kroenke and any other owner is selling Sanchez if he doesn't sign a new deal. We'll see if Real Madrid sell or keep Isco, he also has a year left, said many times he would sign the renewal but still hasn't, Real will sell him if he doesn't sign, its that simple.

If Im the Arsenal owner and my top player wants to leave and publicly states "I want to play in the Champions League" and my club is playing in the Europa League, the answer is clear. Plus Im giving up 50m & wages to keep a player that doesn't even want to be there. The most over looked aspect is what kind of effect the constant media speculation will have on team morale and club image. Sanchez is entering the last year and can sign a pre contract in January. He will have many, many offers from every top club in the world. The most sought after free agent in history. Already in October, we'll start hearing about Sanchez being linked to every single club. He can anywhere he wants to and make serious money. Wenger will get asked in every press conference about Sanchez, the questions will never stop. This will damage team morale, especially if Arsenal are out of the top 4 at that point. It would destroy them. Much better to just sell him and reinvest in a younger player that will be happy to be there.

Thanks for the reply. I can't say any of that is untrue. Maybe I'm just placing too much stock into the repercussions on the image of the club and it's affect should they sell to us? That's a flat out admission that they're second or possible even third tier...in the premier league (hahahah) . I hope it comes off for what it's worth.

Thanks for the reply. I can't say any of that is untrue. Maybe I'm just placing too much stock into the repercussions on the image of the club and it's affect should they sell to us? That's a flat out admission that they're second or possible even third tier...in the premier league (hahahah) . I hope it comes off for what it's worth.

Not that big of a deal IMO, they already destroyed the club image by renewing Wenger after missing top 4. There will be hysteria in the media but it will die down when they get Lemar or someone else. With or without Sanchez Arsenal are not title challengers and haven't been for years. Spurs just sold us the best RB in the league. Arsenal will sell us Sanchez. ArsenalfanTV will hit record numbers, nobody will show up for the protests and fans will go back to supporting their club.

Hi folks... I come in peace!!

Just wondering if there's any further news from your end, I seen Tomlie had info last night?

Also, wrong thread but any more news on Mbappe? Would be a massive coup if you pulled that off, and I'm not too proud to admit I'd be jealous as feck if you pulled that off, no matter the price.
I don't know what to think anymore.
A few weeks back I would have been all for getting Sanchez in and believed we would.
I would not have been in favoor of paying well north of 100 million for s kid like Mbappe no matter how good he is.
But looking at the market, how it has gone and what the Neymar deal has done to it, I'm inclined to think, just go for it and to hell with the media fallout.

I don't know what yo make of today either. I don't understand why you wouldn't have your prized asset on the bench today and have him play 15 minutes for match fitness. Your first league game is on Friday. Apart from Wenger still putting him in his place, it doesn't make sense.
I think we'll learn more of whether this saga is over or not by the team selection on Friday.

I'd still be very happy for City to have him this season, but if we ended up with Mbappe instead I'd also be very happy.

TBH I'm very happy with what we have st the moment, although there is no doubting another striker would be a much needed addition.

I thought Arsenal deserved the win today by the way. Chelsea did not look good. The next three weeks are going to see some serious tectonic shifts as they say. Roll on the football starting again.

Not that big of a deal IMO, they already destroyed the club image by renewing Wenger after missing top 4. There will be hysteria in the media but it will die down when they get Lemar or someone else. With or without Sanchez Arsenal are not title challengers and haven't been for years. Spurs just sold us the best RB in the league. Arsenal will sell us Sanchez. ArsenalfanTV will hit record numbers, nobody will show up for the protests and fans will go back to supporting their club.

Cheers. That works for me.

Just wondering if there's any further news from your end, I seen Tomlie had info last night?

Also, wrong thread but any more news on Mbappe? Would be a massive coup if you pulled that off, and I'm not too proud to admit I'd be jealous as feck if you pulled that off, no matter the price.
There is a number of factors involved. First of all we are shopping at the elite end of the market and that means against the biggest players. All other English clubs back off as soon as those other players are involved. City are a different animal and won't. There is no guarantee we will get what we want but at least we won't rollover and let the others trample on us.

At the moment PSG are taking a gamble that they will get away with doing what they want and that approach I don't believe is something the City owners would do. Irrespective of how PSG are handled by UEFA it is something that our owners would find unethical. Our owners are admittedly very wealthy but that wealth is shared in a diverse way including the regeneration of a very poor part of East Manchester. It is their values that will create model professionals through the academy and club in general. The vision will benefit not only Manchester City but football in general and the communities around the world where the City Football Group resides

We all know there is premium as a club we pay but you won't see City be part of a Neymar deal that destroys the values of what it has spent many years building

My hope is that we get Mbappe. Sanchez for me is if not this year then I don't feel he will ever come here. Personally I would be happy with Mbappe and see what are the best options next year to replace Aguero if required

Not much from the City end tbh mate. Sanchez absence from the CS line up today got a few excited, but nothing really in it i reckon. Guys just come back so i'm not surprised he didn't play. On the Arsenal front, The Mirror and a few other rags are running with Alexis resigned to accepting he will stay this year and leave on a free in the summer. Very risky from Arsenal if true. No guarantees of top 4 even with Sanchez imo. Not with the strength of the other so called "Big 6" teams. Still, i kind of have to admire the stance. Not sure if i'd want a player who didn't to be at my club though.

As for Mbappe. Surely it couldn't actually happen? He's had Madrid written all over him since last season. I'd love to see him here though, and the Pics with Sane and recent comments from Bernardo make it all very intriguing.

Cheers for the replies guys. In not sure I'd read too much into Sanchez not being in the squad today, perhaps if Mustafi was involved for instance I could see questions being asked, but since both played Confederations Cup and both look like doing the same thing regards integration back into the squad, I'd take it as that. Whether he played today or not I don't think would have any impact on a potential deal anyway, as others have quite rightly pointed out, Nasri played our opening league game vs Liverpool before being sold.

As for the game itself, it wasn't great to be honest. Think the most pleasing aspect was we were competitive without Koscielny, Mustafi, Gabriel, Ramsey, Ozil and Sanchez, showing our squad depth isn't as bad as is made out.

You guys feel you are set for the start of the season, or is Sanchez / Mbappe type player seen as an essential for you?

Cheers for the replies guys. In not sure I'd read too much into Sanchez not being in the squad today, perhaps if Mustafi was involved for instance I could see questions being asked, but since both played Confederations Cup and both look like doing the same thing regards integration back into the squad, I'd take it as that. Whether he played today or not I don't think would have any impact on a potential deal anyway, as others have quite rightly pointed out, Nasri played our opening league game vs Liverpool before being sold.

As for the game itself, it wasn't great to be honest. Think the most pleasing aspect was we were competitive without Koscielny, Mustafi, Gabriel, Ramsey, Ozil and Sanchez, showing our squad depth isn't as bad as is made out.

You guys feel you are set for the start of the season, or is Sanchez / Mbappe type player seen as an essential for you?

Personally, i'm really happy with the way we look. It would be great to get Sanchez and/or Mbappe, but no big deal if they don't happen.
If we can carry the energy and general play, from the friendlies, into the season, it's going to be a great watch.

Personally, i'm really happy with the way we look. It would be great to get Sanchez and/or Mbappe, but no big deal if they don't happen.
If we can carry the energy and general play, from the friendlies, into the season, it's going to be a great watch.
Like pep i think we need something extra especially for champions league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.