Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure he'll be talking about Sanchez. He wants rid of Gibbs, Debuchy, Jenkinson, Lucas, Akpom, Chambers it looks like as well, perhaps Wilshere too. A lot of players who'll essentially contribute nothing, & some on good money.

That's the way I read it too . Pretty sure Sanchez wasn't included in his thinking .

Perhaps you could elaborate on why City can afford to pay. I assume you mean keeping within the FFP regs which are alive but not yet kicking for us.
It's been explained to you several times bud and there are at least two other threads that detail the reason why.

Wenger just needs to cut numbers. Squad is too bloated. There were 40 players listed on the back of the programme yesterday compared to Chelseas 24. That's 3 teams worth, with 7 subs!

The rules have been relaxed for clubs with new owners, nothing has changed for PSG or ourselves. Whether they could enforce them now is another matter , but the rules haven't changed and ourselves and probably PSG will be within the rules by the time the window is over.

Thanks BP. I knew something had changed but apparently not for existing owners however I am sure you are right about ourselves and PSG making sure we will be within the rules rather than testing the capability of Uefa to use them.

He's not going to bench unless he feels like he has to. That means either Jesus' form is atrocious or Aguero is banging in goals for fun. However, if they're both available and on form and he has to choose one he will take Jesus.
As any smart Manager should. If you have players of similar qualities, you should always play the significantly younger one more.

Apologies if I learn slowly but many thanks for your reply my friend.
I think in short we could say that 1) City has a lot of extra revenue coming from the new TV deal, and 2) we have sold or released a serious amount of players, some of which were among the highest paid we had. While I think nobody on here knows the exact numbers it is at least quite plausible that we are able to pay for the new players with the money from point 1 and 2. Remember that amortization means that the transfer sum of a new player is distributed evenly over the time of his contract, so 50 million and a 5 years contract means we have to find 10 million per year for 5 years to be within the FFP constraints. Plus wages off course.
I also think City is expecting a better commercial deal when the Nike kit supplier deal runs out next year.
As mentioned by others there are different threads about all this, for example this one http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/balance-sheet.329243/

Wenger just needs to cut numbers. Squad is too bloated. There were 40 players listed on the back of the programme yesterday compared to Chelseas 24. That's 3 teams worth, with 7 subs!
Congratulations on your deserved win. Both teams under-strength. You missed Koscielny, Ozil and Sanchez and Chelsea missed Bakayoko, Hazard and Morata. On the basis of that, Arsenal are as good as Chelsea, but the thing is Chelsea can fight week in week out, but can Arsenal? Would not be a shock to see Leicester take something from the Emirates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.