Man City 3 Blackpool 0 08/08/98

That Stoke game was critical. You could sense the whole mood of the season changed. Weren't we one down and came back to win 2-1? Taylor scored the winner I think, but my memory of that season is shot to bits! (On the day of the Blackpool game I spent a night at the constabulary's pleasure in Bootle St! Got nicked outside "Rosie's" bar in town for Breach of the Peace, thankfully the magistrate took pity upon me and bound me over rather than fine me. Great days!).
A bind over! Proper old school. Rare as hen's teeth these days.

Yes Wednesday had that v Sheff united on Boxing Day 79,was there.Villa had good 3rd Div attendances in the 70s I think.Leeds were not that great if memory serves me right but that was due to the ticket prices being very high.
Leeds gates were poor in general but they did have a couple around 38k

''Led by a slimmed down Jamie Pollock''

Good to see Tschadze's goal (or however his name is spelt) - I think we got stuffed by eventual champions (Kevin Keegan's) Fulham 4-0 in the next game and Tschadze did his cruciate ligament in and never played again :(
Slimmed down Jamie Pollocks are tough to come by these days but I have my fingers crossed we'll find one before the end of August.

That Stoke game was critical. You could sense the whole mood of the season changed. Weren't we one down and came back to win 2-1? Taylor scored the winner I think, but my memory of that season is shot to bits! (On the day of the Blackpool game I spent a night at the constabulary's pleasure in Bootle St! Got nicked outside "Rosie's" bar in town for Breach of the Peace, thankfully the magistrate took pity upon me and bound me over rather than fine me. Great days!).

Rosie`s Bar after that Blackpool game was bedlam. Full to the rafters and with the sun out, a good result, and plenty of liquid refreshment things got a little feisty as the evening wore on.

Rosies bar followed by a visit to bootle street seemed to be a common theme for many around this time..
Rosies bar was ace,great memories,spoiled by utd scum a few times tho

''Led by a slimmed down Jamie Pollock''

Good to see Tschadze's goal (or however his name is spelt) - I think we got stuffed by eventual champions (Kevin Keegan's) Fulham 4-0 in the next game and Tschadze did his cruciate ligament in and never played again :(
Had high hopes at that point. Won 3-0 and then 2-0 v notts county in the league cup. Fulham destroyed us I think it was a Friday night game. We were so poor before Christmas that year.

Fond memories of this.
Out before and after the match. Left my mates around Oxford Road to meet my future wife and in-laws for a meal in town.
Fell asleep on the toilet only to be awakened by her dad and grandad twatting me with his walking stick while stood on the toilet in the next cubicle. Happy days !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.