Brighton (A) - Pre match thread - Finally!

Brighton vs City prediction

• Win

Votes: 481 93.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 4.4%
  • Lose

Votes: 13 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Knockaert came on as a sub yesterday against atletico Madrid so im expecting him to be fit. Glenn Murray was missing though.

I think it's a tough game to be honest and the first 20-30 minutes are crucial. It's their 1st top flight game since 1983 so the crowd will be absolutely buzzing.

Still think we'll win though
Think Murray was sent off v Girona.

FINALLY!

Not going to attempt to predict a line up, but pretty much more of what we've seen in pre-season, please. I do feel like we're going to pick up where we left off - 5-1 City...

0-5 City. Think this is a statement game for the boys. I think Brighton will be up for it until they realize they can't touch the ball and when they do they lose it to the press. De Bruyne bags 1 and assists 2. Aguero scores as well as Danilo. Sterling comes off the bench and gets one as well.
My starting lineup: The normal 3-5-2 we lined up in during the preseason.

--------------------------Ederson---------------------------
--------Kompany--------Stones--------Otamendi
Walker---------------------------------------------Danilo
----------------------------Toure----------------------------
--------------------KDB--------------D. Silva---------------

---------------------Aguero--------Jesus-------------------

Subs: Subs; Bravo, Sterling, Sane, Bernardo, Mangala, Fernandinho, Fodin.

I think we'll score our first within 20 minutes and then just play our game and bag more goals. I think Pep wants to show the Premier League what they have to deal with this year in the first game. Think Ederson proves himself in this game as well by continuing his solid preseason showing. Overall just think we put the PL on notice with this game.

+1, newly promoted teams are always up for it on first day, seem to recall us struggling to beat Southampton 3 or 4 years ago too
BHA's stats from last season tell you that they're pretty good in both boxes and not bad in between. Only really saw them in brief highlights. Fair play to 'em - second only to a team managed by one of the big beasts in Europe, but if they're up for it (which they will be) and we're up for it and match their effort, our class should tell.

Bruno (Brighton) on his pal David Silva: "If I have to be physical with him, I will. I don’t want to injure him, but we need to play hard.”

Bruno (Brighton): "When I was young, Guardiola was one of my idols because I supported Barcelona and he was 18 playing in the first team."

---------------Ederson
Walker----Kompany--Stones--Danilo
------KDB---Fernandinho---D.Silva
------Sane------Jesus----Sterling

Sub: Bravo, Ota, Aguero, Diaz, Foden, Tosin, Yaya

I thought it was too soon for Bernado Silva.

Last season it was 4 at the back, but we've been playing with 3 at the back in pre-season. I think we might play safe with 4 at the back for first away game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.