Brighton (A) - Pre match thread - Finally!

Brighton vs City prediction

• Win

Votes: 481 93.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 4.4%
  • Lose

Votes: 13 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having been a Brighton fan since we used pounds, shillings and pence I thought I'd add my two penny worth - sorry! Anyway, thanks for letting me post on your board and here are few points from a Seagull's perspective :

The vast majority of Albion fans, well let's make that all, are counting the hours and minutes to this match. For us this is an occasion to relish, our first game back in the top flight since 1983, and if memory serves me well it was your goodselves that confirmed our relegation by thrashing us 1-0 at the Goldstone, and I woz there! A few weeks later we had the consolation of the FA Cup final against the red bit of your city, they did, we didn't, and the rest is history. From then on we went on a perpetual downward spiral with the odd blip of good fortune for the next 25+ years, essentially until we moved to the Amex in 2011. I won't bore you with the trials and tribulations of that period as it's covered elsewhere on this thread.

So, onto Saturday. Most Brighton fans, the realistic ones anyway, are expecting a City win but hoping for a draw or a shock win. Hey-ho you never know!

For those of you travelling down for the game a few tips :

Your match ticket entitles you to free travel on the buses and trains both to Brighton and Falmer within a designated area. The details will be on your match ticket or go on the club website.
The train journey from Brighton to Falmer takes 9 minutes, the stadium is right next to the station. Suggest that you leave Brighton station at no later than 4.30 as there will be a queuing system and the trains will be rammed. As an alternative, you could park in Lewes (if you're driving) use the pubs there and catch the train to Falmer (6 minutes).

After the match the Amex concourse bars are open for a couple of hours, so stay for a couple of pints until the queues for both the trains and park & ride buses have died down.

The best place to drink is in central Brighton (and Lewes),with some great pubs all within walking distance of the station. A few recommendations - the Prince Albert, the Lord Nelson, the Prince George all in Trafalgar Street. The Evening Star, for real ale and cider drinkers, in Surrey street and loads more. The away fans pub is the Helmstone (Wetherspoons) in West Street, just walk out of Brighton station and down towards the Clock Tower and seafront (it's about a 10 minute walk) - if you get your feet wet you've gone too far! You can go on pubs/bars/restaurants sites in Brighton for other suggestions but you're spoilt for choice.

So that's about it, hope you have a cracking day out and that it's a good game, but, please, I don't won't to hear "Agueeerrooo!!!" In the 94th minute!
No like button, but I like and thanks for the info.

Cheers Mr Teapot.

Im thinking of doing the Whitehawk game first,is it doable ground to ground in 30 minutes?

Phew! A bit tight to do it 30 minutes. My suggestion is to go on the Brighton and Hove Bus site and check out routes and times. Possibly the No.21 bus to Lewes Road, change, and then any bus that goes to Falmer/University/Amex. You might be able to get on a Park&Ride bus at Mithras House, Lewes Road which obviously will take you straight to the ground. Best of luck with it anyway.

PS - Maybe worth your while to book a taxi before the match rush to be on the safe side.

Anyone concerned with the lack of height currently in our squad?
Given our poor records at defending set pieces were full of midgets!

Phew! A bit tight to do it 30 minutes. My suggestion is to go on the Brighton and Hove Bus site and check out routes and times. Possibly the No.21 bus to Lewes Road, change, and then any bus that goes to Falmer/University/Amex. You might be able to get on a Park&Ride bus at Mithras House, Lewes Road which obviously will take you straight to the ground. Best of luck with it anyway.

PS - Maybe worth your while to book a taxi before the match rush to be on the safe side.

Cheers,good luck for the season,nice to see you back after being shit on so much by dodgy owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.