Article 50/Brexit Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you knew anything at all you'd know the phrase is often used when referring to defeated generals or the Lord of the Manor having been found out fiddling with the stable boy.

Go bother someone more your size.
Whatever you say old man. The closest i've managed to find this term in 'common usage' is that it's from the days of imperialism, so not a popular or well known as you may think it is especially amongst those under 40. One thing that IS agreed upon is that the implication is clear: a person driven to suicide.

So try and justify it all you want.

Last edited:
Whatever you say old man. The closest i've managed to find this term in 'common usage' is that it's from the days of imperialism, so not a popular or well known as you may think it is especially amongst those under 40. One thing that IS agreed upon is that the implication is clear: a person driven to suicide.

So try and justify it all you want.

But nothing to do with joking about mental illness which is what you assumed.

I don't think we wrinklies should stop using imperial-era phrases just because younger viewers can't be arsed googling to find out what they mean.

Gosh, I'd have to stop referring to Brexit as the upas tree of British society.

(And isn't "old man" rather ageist?)

Last edited:
what assets do the EU have then that we should be able to take a share of? the things that have been invested in? wouldn't that then mean that the EU own 50% of everything in this country that has been invested in?
Well, seeing as we're far from being the 8th largest contributor, and have now established that our contributions
greatly outweigh anything the EU deems to give back, anything they have 'invested' here is our own money, less a
fucking great chunk bound for others. So they would have to give an explanation akin to the one given to their auditors, who
never appear to get any answers as to what they're doing with the money, and just where it's gone.
Assets include buildings, works of art and cellars full of vintage plonk, paid for by us in the years we've been members
of this club.

Well, seeing as we're far from being the 8th largest contributor, and have now established that our contributions
greatly outweigh anything the EU deems to give back, anything they have 'invested' here is our own money, less a
fucking great chunk bound for others. So they would have to give an explanation akin to the one given to their auditors, who
never appear to get any answers as to what they're doing with the money, and just where it's gone.
Assets include buildings, works of art and cellars full of vintage plonk, paid for by us in the years we've been members
of this club.
Not forgetting our rebate paid in arrears plus our 16% stake in the ECB that we can't be a member of when we leave, I'm hoping the Germans after increasing their contributions to cover ours have enough in the kitty to pay us out.

of this club.
Before alternative facts get established, Britain is the 8th largest contributor per head.

What EU opponents failed to grasp is that helping other nations means that everyone benefits - less emigration from those countries (or people going back because Britain is now looking crap) and a wealthier world to buy things (our things if we could be bothered to try and sell them). It has worked which is why more countries are now net contributors than when we joined.

What EU opponents failed to grasp is that helping other nations means that everyone benefits - less emigration from those countries (or people going back because Britain is now looking crap) and a wealthier world to buy things (our things if we could be bothered to try and sell them).
Well I've read some things on this thread, but this statement takes the proverbial biccy.
Less emigration from EU countries to here? Deary me, I don't know where to start with that one,
I can only presume you've been on Love Island for the last 15 years.

It's just obvious isn't it? If poorer nations improve their economy (with EU help) there will be fewer people emigrating.

As for the £5/6 bn annual net contributions, that's less than the taxes paid here by EU immigrants. So Poles here are paying for Britain's contributions to Poland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.