Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is not an Arsenal forum but to continue the theme I cannot believe that they allow one man (Wenger) so much power and responsibility. He clearly is an extremely intelligent and capable guy and deserves the highest praise for his past achievements, but to me many of their current issues stem from the fact that he just hasn't or is unable to move with the times. He is spread to thinly!

These days Big clubs deploy several people to perform the roles that AW currently does himself. He appears to be their Director of Football, Chief Operating Officer and Team Coach all in one. Every season they appear to get players (that they want to keep) in the last year of their contracts which cannot help the stability of the football club.

They used to be known as the Bank of England club for the model way in which they were run, an example of strength and stability. From a distance IMO Arsenal are now run shambolically with too much being asked of an aging manager.

The current situation with Alexis must worry Arsenal fans, who are I find to be generally amongst the most knowledgeable. Deep down I suspect they all fear the player will go because that is the path they have continued tread for a number of years.

My money is on a transfer that is for certain.

Just wondering what GunnerGer or our other Arsenal fans think now. I know opinion changes by the day, but I still think ultimately Sanchez will come to us.
If this doesn't happen and we get Mbappe instead I won't be upset, but out of the two, I've always thought it would most likely come down to the last day with Sanchez.

It would seem that the last couple of weeks may see some major movement.
Don't care too much who goes where, just looking forward to a good start against Brighton.

Apart from the 'injury', we are just going around in circles having the same discussion about who holds the cards, why Arsenal should sell, why Arsenal will defo sell etc! I dont think there's anything more to add which i haven't added already, the apparent injury doesn't change much because we are still guessing. Sure, it's suspicious, but he's not the only 1 carrying something, we could be without Ozil, Ramsey, Mustafi & Mertesacker as well who have fitness worries.

3 weeks left of the window, so we wont have too long to wait now. I'm having a sly chuckle now, as we've heard for the past 6 months how we'll lose our best player & everyone else will strengthen & we'll be left behind. Now it looks like Coutinho would like to leave Liverpool, it's obvious Conte didnt want to lose Matic, Spurs have lost Walker & perhaps Rose now, it's not as easy as folk think to keep the modern player happy it seems!

Apart from the 'injury', we are just going around in circles having the same discussion about who holds the cards, why Arsenal should sell, why Arsenal will defo sell etc! I dont think there's anything more to add which i haven't added already, the apparent injury doesn't change much because we are still guessing. Sure, it's suspicious, but he's not the only 1 carrying something, we could be without Ozil, Ramsey, Mustafi & Mertesacker as well who have fitness worries.

3 weeks left of the window, so we wont have too long to wait now. I'm having a sly chuckle now, as we've heard for the past 6 months how we'll lose our best player & everyone else will strengthen & we'll be left behind. Now it looks like Coutinho would like to leave Liverpool, it's obvious Conte didnt want to lose Matic, Spurs have lost Walker & perhaps Rose now, it's not as easy as folk think to keep the modern player happy it seems!
Yes, it is interesting that despite all the money in English football, the top teams do not appear to have improved their squads significantly, except City.

Arsenal - If they can keep Sanchez they could be slightly stronger than last season with Lacazette. If Sanchez leaves they look a little weaker to me.
Liverpool - so far more or less a stand still IMO. If they loose Coutinho they will be weaker than last season. Salah is a good player but he does not address their biggest needs of improvement. They probably will get problems with squad depth now they play European football.
United - Lukaku at best a like for like replacement of Ibrahimovic, Lindelöf well .. hard to understand why they bought him, Matic never convinced me in the past. If Fellaini leaves, Matic is also a like for like replacement, meaning United will have stood still quality wise.
Chelsea - Morata for Costa is not a good change IMO, at best I suppose like for like. Looks pretty much like a stand still for them quality wise. Squad depth does look problematic for them.
Tottenham - no matter what their fans say it is not good for them to loose Walker, so at the moment they look slightly weaker than last season to me. If they also loose Rose they will have big problems.
City - we have a new defense so IMO we look quite a bit stronger already.

Only 22 more days of the endless speculation and then the football actually played becomes the focus.

It's always been the same the best player want best wages and to play with what they class as the best players. Couthinh seemed happy at the dippers but would you or anyone else turn away Barcelona to stay there? I for certain wouldn't. Most of these players are from all over the world and just trying to get the most out of their careers.

It's always been the same the best player want best wages and to play with what they class as the best players. Couthinh seemed happy at the dippers but would you or anyone else turn away Barcelona to stay there? I for certain wouldn't. Most of these players are from all over the world and just trying to get the most out of their careers.

Oh, i'm not slating them mate. I just found it amusing that a couple of months ago that we were the butt of the jokes while everyone else will just keep their players & automatically strengthen & we will be left behind as we are on a downward spiral. As Jazzman has said, you guys seem the only team that have significantly strengthened their weak positions. Mourinho is frustrated at Utd not doing the business he wants, Conte is frustrated at City, Klopp & Liverpool making real hard work of the VVD & Keita deals, can't tell me Poch is happy with what's going on at Spurs. Just think football fans in general need to remember real life football is not quite Football Manager.

We saw with Fergie at the Rags that over time - too much power, influence and knowledge was vested in one individual - when he left the club to some extent imploded - because no one dare challenge or understand what Fergie did. It will be similar at Arsenal. The fans may want Wenger out but it will hit them hard when he goes and it may take them 3 to 5 years to get over his departure. Of course the Chosen one is on hand to mismanage the transition - should Arsenal be stupid enough...

We saw with Fergie at the Rags that over time - too much power, influence and knowledge was vested in one individual - when he left the club to some extent imploded - because no one dare challenge or understand what Fergie did. It will be similar at Arsenal. The fans may want Wenger out but it will hit them hard when he goes and it may take them 3 to 5 years to get over his departure. Of course the Chosen one is on hand to mismanage the transition - should Arsenal be stupid enough...
The same thought occurred to me the other day. For them, the sooner they lance the Wenger boil, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.