Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still wondering what exactly that "Photoshoot" was about, has anyone seen anything about it?
I mean promotional pictures/videos anything that shows why they had the photoshops and what it was for

Agreed.

Perhaps you can spend £200m or £300m in one window because amortised, £300m might only cost you £60m plus wages this year. But that same £300m is also going to cost you an additional £60m plus wages next year and the year after and the year after that, etc even if you don't spend another penny.

My point is, blow out windows like this are a one off. No club can afford to do this every year. So next year, who's going to be spending another £200m or £300m in order to keep these transfer prices so inflated?

It won't be us or PSG since neither of us will be able to afford it.

The counter point is that PSG and City can afford to do whatever their owners want. Being pedantic "affordability" is not the issue for us: as we all recognise, it is the rules of others that can prevent us spending what our owners choose.

Ultimately, I am happy for our owner to spend as much or as little of his own cash to further City's aims: aside from the fact, he is the majority shareholder, he's earned the right by investing so much already. If he wants VFM - fine; if he wants to splash his cash - fine.

Agreed.

Perhaps you can spend £200m or £300m in one window because amortised, £300m might only cost you £60m plus wages this year. But that same £300m is also going to cost you an additional £60m plus wages next year and the year after and the year after that, etc even if you don't spend another penny.

My point is, blow out windows like this are a one off. No club can afford to do this every year. So next year, who's going to be spending another £200m or £300m in order to keep these transfer prices so inflated?

It won't be us or PSG since neither of us will be able to afford it.
The new tv deal takes care of 300M quite easily. Businesses along with people spend money according to how much they think they will have in the future, not how much they have in the present.

I compared their purchase mainly. Bony was a waste of money when near everyone thought it was a sensible buy. Buying an 18yr old with 40 games under his belt at a time when prices are stupid... is stuppid. And we wont do it, I have confidence in our owners that the money would be better spent than risked.
Did they? I . thought 27 million on bony was madness

Although I agree with you about Mbappe, there have been some crazy fees the past few years but 180 million for a guy whose started less than 20 league games is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.