North Korea vs USA

The US defense secretary, James Mattis, has warned the North Korean regime that it risked the “end of its regime and the destruction of its people”. For what? Sinking missiles in the ocean?

Why can't North Korea have missiles that can hit the USA? Is that a perfectly moral deterrence strategy or not?

The US defense secretary, James Mattis, has warned the North Korean regime that it risked the “end of its regime and the destruction of its people”. For what? Sinking missiles in the ocean?

Why can't North Korea have missiles that can hit the USA? Is that a perfectly moral deterrence strategy or not?
Yes, because obviously that worked in Iraq and Libya.

All this USA posturing is playing right into NK's hands. It would be better to just monitor them from afar, and kick their arses if they step out of line. Sadly, POTUS has resorted to Willy Waving, preferring to do a full on Helicopter on National TV to just show how powerful he is, rather than ignoring them. Prize nugget.

Never called them anything like that.
I was just pointing out they are pretty poor at this war lark, and have a string of failed operations and interventions under their belt.

Yes the Balkans was a success but

vietnam, bay of pigs, gulf war - twice, afghanistan, the korean war full invasion of the north over the partition, and going further back the failed attempt to invade Canada.

I am only saying when they go gung-ho rather than plan out a campaign they tend to fuck it up and if they do win they do stupid shite like despanding the local army and then poorly training/supplying the replacement force.

A mam like trump seems like the type to go gung-ho than plan a proper response to the situation.

But you could say that of any army if the wrong persons are in charge, look at how our generals fucked up badly in WW1.

No I know you didn't, that wasn't specifically aimed at you, I should have made that clearer.

I agree with many examples you've given there. I'm not so sure on the Gulf Wars mentioned, they should have removed Saddam first time though I'd agree. The 2nd yes you can say what happened afterwards but it was pretty efficient until they decided to leave it to the mob.

Afghanistan has been costly but it was an absolute necessity and has had a positive outcome, even if it's not 100% the goal they/we were looking for.

Bay of the Pigs didn't involve US troops but it was a fairly embarrassing ordeal I'll give you that.

What I would say is that they've done a lot of good in the Middle East overall these last two years and have affectively supported both Iraqi government and Kurdish forces in almost removing ISIL from the region.

Do you not think "It's a stupid waste of money"? Or is that just our 'moral deterrence strategy'

What I would say is that they've done a lot of good in the Middle East overall these last two years and have affectively supported both Iraqi government and Kurdish forces in almost removing ISIL from the region.

Erm, but ISIS/ISIL wouldn't exist if it wasn't for us and the states getting involved in the first place.

Nuclear missiles for everyone!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.