Danny Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a good left footed full back who's English. Good for us? Yup, on back up wages. Any more than 20-25 million? Nope from me
I'd throw a £20 million bid at Spurs for him and see they what they say. Offering slightly above a normal backup FBs wages and see if he takes it.

This was always bound to happen. Spurs have been trying to become a top club by not paying top player wages. To be fair to them they have done a pretty good job at it but it was only a matter of time before the players there looked at their mates and questioned why they weren't earning the same as them. It seems Walker coming to us was the straw that broke the camels back. I mean until recently Eriksen was only earning £30k a week there.

I can see half their squad asking for moves soon.

He'd be £40 mil plus add ons at a minimum I'd have thought. Top class full back, would love him here but reckon he'll be rag bound to be honest with maybe Luke Shaw going the other way as part of the deal.

He'd be £40 mil plus add ons at a minimum I'd have thought. Top class full back, would love him here but reckon he'll be rag bound to be honest with maybe Luke Shaw going the other way as part of the deal.

Why would any 'top' side want him ?
After Utd he'll end up at Sunderland or West Ham

Why would any 'top' side want him ?
After Utd he'll end up at Sunderland or West Ham

I still think he's a good player with potential. Mourinho and Van Gaal have been shit for him the past couple of years. Pochettino did wonders for Rose and Walker, he'd fancy his chances of doing the same with Shaw I reckon.

This was always bound to happen. Spurs have been trying to become a top club by not paying top player wages. To be fair to them they have done a pretty good job at it but it was only a matter of time before the players there looked at their mates and questioned why they weren't earning the same as them. It seems Walker coming to us was the straw that broke the camels back. I mean until recently Eriksen was only earning £30k a week there.

I can see half their squad asking for moves soon.

Agreed, for all the good work their management have done they are undoing it all this summer. I am no management guru but i am not shit either, with that i say management oersight with this lack of pushing on when they had to push. You get no more than 5 or so chances in life that fall in your lap and could make you if you have the bollocks for it, spurs do not seem to have the bollocks.

They can afford to invest a bit if they really wanted and it will pay off more in future. The accountants have taken over though, guaranteed staium income and tv money seems very much their goal atm. I feel a bit sorry for Poch, he is not a miracle worker.

Wouldn't Spurs be better to just offer Rose the wages that Shaw would undoubtedly be on at United?

According to The Times the 15/16 wage bill for the top clubs was:

United £241m
Chelsea £232m
Liverpool £209m
City £198m
Arsenal £195m
Spurs £105m

The gap between Spurs' wage bill and the rest is just too big for them to sustain their current level of performance. All of their players are significantly underpaid compared to their rivals. They're just not going to be able to hang on to their best players unless they give them big pay rises. The question is whether they have the financial resources to build the new stadium and increase the wage bill by over £70m pa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.