Brighton (A) - Post Match Thread.

I always thought Walker was a decent player but nothing special. Yesterday, he proved I know nothing, as Manuel would say.
MoM very easily. We need to see him defensively though. It was ideal for him yesterday. Sure he'll be good at that too.

Frightening thought for other teams is that we still have Mendy and Bernardo Silva to come in.

Chelsea will be very good too once Bakayoko, Hazard, Morata etc come in.

i want to see City win and have fun too. is this a bad thing to want? i have never had as much fun watching them play since the 11-12 season. there was no talk of 10 man defense or anything like that hindering us back then, we just arrived and rolled teams over. i want that feeling back. shouldn't be that hard of a task for the manager who supposedly coaches the best attack in the world, no?

Back then teams came to play and we took them apart. As a result all but the very best changed their style to try and salvage something. I doubt very much if we will see the type of football you crave again other than in the CL or cups

What was the penalty incident I can't remember and obviously nowt on motd
2nd half shot hit defenders arm when it travelled quite a way. Extended highlights on mancity.com cover it. Good shout. Sometimes given.

Steady, controlled performance - nice, solid start, everyone will play better- I'm happy -- c'mon City.

Thoughts on game

Danilo poor for most of game looked slow and lost the ball lots. Walker played very good, Ederson good saves but kicks were given to opposition too much. Brighton fans great to chat to in pubs yet quiet and not much atmosphere during game.

The main difference for me is we looked soooo much better when we didn't have the ball. Worked really hard to get it back as soon as we lost it KDB in particular stood out in that respect.
No injuries and clean sheet.
Very good first outing all considered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.