Brighton (A) - Post Match Thread.

Brighton fans great to chat to in pubs yet quiet and not much atmosphere during game.

They didn't have much to cheer about - chatting to some of them after the game it was clear they had been brought down to earth with a bump.

2nd half shot hit defenders arm when it travelled quite a way. Extended highlights on mancity.com cover it. Good shout. Sometimes given.
Not seen MOTD yet.
It looked a stone wall penalty to me though. Ball must have travelled at least 10 yards and was on target. Plenty of time to get arm out of the way.

Thoughts on game

Danilo poor for most of game looked slow and lost the ball lots. Walker played very good, Ederson good saves but kicks were given to opposition too much. Brighton fans great to chat to in pubs yet quiet and not much atmosphere during game.
Danilo is a right back and far from slow but I think you found the weak link in side yesterday. He was a right back playing at left back and it showed when he had to keep switching back to his right foot. Sane did no better when he came on. Danilo did a good job seeing as he is right footed. Zab or Sagna would not have been able to play at left back

Back then teams came to play and we took them apart. As a result all but the very best changed their style to try and salvage something. I doubt very much if we will see the type of football you crave again other than in the CL or cups
I said in the match thread, we have for several seasons now been the most feared team in the league. No other side has to face park the bus opponents like we do every week.

Last season if you look at any of the Chelsea games, it is staggering how open they are compared to when we play the same opponents.

In part I think it's also because we keep the ball so much better than any other side. The longer we have the ball, the more our opponents retreat into a packed defence.

Not seen MOTD yet.
It looked a stone wall penalty to me though. Ball must have travelled at least 10 yards and was on target. Plenty of time to get arm out of the way.
Haha you obviously have much to learn grasshopper, the shot/handball never happened on motd, neither did Silva getting clattered just after Jesus was booked.

They didn't have much to cheer about - chatting to some of them after the game it was clear they had been brought down to earth with a bump.

all the ones i spoke to were really humble both pre and post match they asked that we could not embarrass them too much.

would have though first prem game they would have got behind team a bit more.

Danilo is a right back and far from slow but I think you found the weak link in side yesterday. He was a right back playing at left back and it showed when he had to keep switching back to his right foot. Sane did no better when he came on. Danilo did a good job seeing as he is right footed. Zab or Sagna would not have been able to play at left back

How odd, sure Zabs played left back a few times, of course the way to issue praise on a new signing isn't to reference and then bad mouth a legend at the same time.

Not sure why so many people think Walker was MOTM. He did well defensively, but that didn't amount to much due to Brighton's bus-parking, and I wasn't especially impressed with him going forward. There were a number of times that he played the ball inside and then didn't make the run behind the full-back for the return pass, even though the other player (KDB, Silva) was looking for it. Don't remember his crossing being any better than we got from Navas, and he was regularly slagged off for it.

I was watching the game in a bar with no sound on, so I can only assume the commentator and/or pundits may have talked up Walker and influenced people's opinions. I'd have given MOTM to Silva or KDB personally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.