2018 transfer window will shut before the start of the PL season

What about emergency transfer/loans that sometimes happen??

You got 2 top keepers and a 18 year old untested and within the first two weeks a freak injury to both top keepers.

The issue with European transfers is that every league starts at a different time
Just close it a week before the first major league starts. It needs to be a level playing field for all if this is going to work. They'll still have the whole of June and July to do business; that's plenty enough.

I agree with scrapping the Jan window as well. And I'd also reduce the squad sizes to make teams more reliant on their academies. But I can't see any of the Premier League teams being interested in either of those ideas.

Just close it a week before the first major league starts. It needs to be a level playing field for all if this is going to work. They'll still have the whole of June and July to do business; that's plenty enough.

I agree with scrapping the Jan window as well. And I'd also reduce the squad sizes to make teams more reliant on their academies. But I can't see any of the Premier League teams being interested in either of those ideas.

Is Russia classed as a major league?
Their season started in the middle of July

In which case why are Spartak Moscow in a pot for the CL holders and winners of the 7 top national leagues. Or isn't top 7 major enough?
Because UEFA are in thrall to their major sponsors. Not really a reason why one rogue outlier should dictate the rest of Europe's transfer window.

In theory, fine, but with International competitions every two years then it leaves very little time to negotiate and complete deals. And how will it work in five years time when Qatar is scheduled to host the World Cup, the entire football league here and abroad already being placed into turmoil with summer football already being ruled out?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.