Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious as to what the hold up is with Mbappe atm. Are psg trying to offload players before moving forward on him?

I think defence and keepers have their part in them not finishing 10-10 too.

I'd rather be striker than defender.

No, there's a reason Goalscorer's cost fortunes, putting the ball in the net when the pressure is on sorts the men from the boys. An old Jack Charlton quote "I couldn't play but I could stop those who could". In other words forwards in general need have to have more skill/natural ability to play their position at the top level.

Curious as to what the hold up is with Mbappe atm. Are psg trying to offload players before moving forward on him?

monaco don't want to sell to them
I can't make my mind up what's going on here. It could be one of these suggestions or none. Perhaps someone will help me out.

a) Mbappe wants to go to PSG but they can't afford to buy him just yet so City have put in a smaller offer and the clubs are haggling over the fee while attempts are being made to persuade Mbappe to sign for City.
b) Mbappe wants to go to PSG and PSG want to buy him but Monaco don't want to sell to PSG. Stalemate.
c) Mbappe will come to either us or PSG. PSG are likely to pay more than us but Monaco don't want to sell to them. However, City are in with a smaller offer and Monaco are hanging on to see if City will blink and up their offer to what Monaco want or they may have to sell to PSG albeit reluctantly.

I think likeJ_MCFC21 that we're trying to get a deal over the line with Monaco but the fee is a problem. I think we hold the cards here because I don't see any other bidders. Real Madrid were the main men early doors, but they are no longer in for him, and Barca are closing in on Dembele. PSG don't seem able to close a deal because of FFP fears and opposition from Monaco which leaves City free to dictate terms. It looks unlikely Mbappe will renew his contract so if they don't sell this window, I think the price will go down. I am just hoping that someone like Spurs or Liverpool doesn't go and offer £50m for a PSG player as that would bring them back into the game. It's going to be a waiting game

I think likeJ_MCFC21 that we're trying to get a deal over the line with Monaco but the fee is a problem. I think we hold the cards here because I don't see any other bidders. Real Madrid were the main men early doors, but they are no longer in for him, and Barca are closing in on Dembele. PSG don't seem able to close a deal because of FFP fears and opposition from Monaco which leaves City free to dictate terms. It looks unlikely Mbappe will renew his contract so if they don't sell this window, I think the price will go down. I am just hoping that someone like Spurs or Liverpool doesn't go and offer £50m for a PSG player as that would bring them back into the game. It's going to be a waiting game

I think the fact that Monaco has him planted on bench may mean this is coming to some sort of end. If player and club were happy for him to stay for the year he would be playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.