Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why some are thinking we can play a whole season with just Kun and Jesus as out and out goal scorers. I keep hearing that someone can fill in, but I think we should be in a position with our squad where we don't need to use a stop-gap and hope. Unless Bony is going to stay, and I highly doubt that, we need to purchase a proven goal scorer. We have lost our two back up strikers from last season, and I understand they didn't contribute too much, but that was because they either fell out with the coach, or were seen to be below the standard we require, not that they weren't needed. It is a bloody long season, and no one has a crystal ball to say both Kun and Jesus will not get an injury, so I hope we land someone prior to the window closing.
Correct.

We never replaced Dzeko properly and we haven't won the league since. I think Kun and Jesus for the season would be a potential weakness in the side - injuries etc. Pep has shown in his comments that he agrees we need one more.

Dzeko and Tevez. Height and energy. Sanchez would at least provide the energy needed.

Yep, we've lost a world record standard goalscorer who couldn't get i the team due to us having too many options but now those options aren't good enough.

#newtoysneeded

Sanchez is one of the best players in the world.

Iheanacho is not even close to that level. A good poacher with a below average all round game.

We undoubtedly need another forward. There is no way we can challenge on all fronts with just Aguero and Jesus as our centre forward options. I'm just increasingly sceptical that Sanchez will be that player. I always assumed that Arsenal would relent eventually but Wenger is digging his heels in and time is running out. He needs to put a transfer request in for this to happen, and he seems unwilling to do it. The question is, if not Mbappe or Sanchez then who?

We undoubtedly need another forward. There is no way we can challenge on all fronts with just Aguero and Jesus as our centre forward options. I'm just increasingly sceptical that Sanchez will be that player. I always assumed that Arsenal would relent eventually but Wenger is digging his heels in and time is running out. He needs to put a transfer request in for this to happen, and he seems unwilling to do it. The question is, if not Mbappe or Sanchez then who?
It increasingly looks like Bony.

Have to agree with you. I don't really want him at City. If he came, fair enough, but he turned us down before, and now seems to be hesitating. Let him stew at le Arse and we move on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.