Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We undoubtedly need another forward. There is no way we can challenge on all fronts with just Aguero and Jesus as our centre forward options. I'm just increasingly sceptical that Sanchez will be that player. I always assumed that Arsenal would relent eventually but Wenger is digging his heels in and time is running out. He needs to put a transfer request in for this to happen, and he seems unwilling to do it. The question is, if not Mbappe or Sanchez then who?

Belotti?

I can't honestly see arsenal letting a £60mil asset leave for free next summer, can you?

Taken from BBC website:

Sanchez to leave for free next summer?

Arsenal

Posted at9:02
So, a recap on the big news coming out of Arsene Wenger's news conference.

The Arsenal boss says there has been "no progress" on Alexis Sanchez signing a new deal and that he is resigned to the Chile forward going into the final year of his contract - and possibly leaving for free next summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a cat in hell's chance he leaves for nothing next summer. The player doesn't need to do anything yet; we put a bid in, then they they either take it to his agent or don't, that's when the ball is in their court. No rush, the clock's ticking down on Arsenal, not us or the player.

His agent just needs to let it be known that his current injury is episodic and liable to flare up at (m)any times during the course of the coming season.
His national team will still pick him because of his inherent quality and they will know what the score is here, so the "threat" of him losing his international place if he doesnt play is a red herring imho. All bluff.

Speaking ahead of Arsenal’s trip to Stoke, Arsene Wenger revealed no progress had been made over Alexis Sanchez’s situation at the club.

Asked if there was news on Sanchez, Wenger said: “At the moment, no because we have not progressed on that front.

“At the moment he’s a player going into the final year of his contract and prepares for the season. We have not made any progress on that front.”

Asked whether he would be prepared to let Sanchez leave for free next summer, Wenger added: “That is a consequence of what I say, unfortunately.

"We have to make a choice between efficiency on the field and financial interest.

“If you can find a good compromise it’s better but, in this case, our priority is to use him on the sporting side.”

Speaking ahead of Arsenal’s trip to Stoke, Arsene Wenger revealed no progress had been made over Alexis Sanchez’s situation at the club.

Asked if there was news on Sanchez, Wenger said: “At the moment, no because we have not progressed on that front.

“At the moment he’s a player going into the final year of his contract and prepares for the season. We have not made any progress on that front.”

Asked whether he would be prepared to let Sanchez leave for free next summer, Wenger added: “That is a consequence of what I say, unfortunately.

"We have to make a choice between efficiency on the field and financial interest.

“If you can find a good compromise it’s better but, in this case, our priority is to use him on the sporting side.”

Here's a compromise- take the financial interest and let him leave. Simple as he doesn't want to stay

Is there any truth in the claims of astronomical wage he'll get if he signs with us? It's more or less double of what our other world class players get if rumours are to be believed. FFS are we getting a Rooney case on our hands or what? If he wants to play for us then he'll sign and get what our other top earners get, if not fekk off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.