Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is so hellbent on going back to Celtic for the easy life then he doesn't have the attitude to make it with us, I refuse to believe we haven't put forward different options. Good luck to him if he goes to Celtic, he will find himself in the Prem in a couple seasons no doubt so I am sure Txiki will ensure we have a % sell on fee or something.

I agree with an earlier comment about "special clubs" like Liverpool and celtic who really do get behind young players and beg for them to stay. I would say Roberts is blinded by this love from the fans to realize he is better than part time Scottish football. Champions league football could be an attraction but it seems a bit of an easy way in with celtic who almost qualify by default. That being said they have a tricky tie tonight.

If he is to be this great talent then we should insist on a big sell on fee because with the inflation of the transfer market at the moment for young English players we can almost ask for 10m and get it. Look at Ryan Sessegnon at Fulham. Following the same path as Roberts, young, English and getting game time/ goals and now linked with 25mil transfers. I predict Paddy will go to Scotland and win 1/2 more cups. Then move on to everton or west brom...

Its the sort of situation were you buy a car, let the wife drive it and put 10k miles on it, sell it on and manage to get the same money for it 1 year later.

Rather like Liverpool, Celtic and Rangers have a cultish air about them - with all the tribalist shite they regard themselves as "special" clubs and as Roberts has spent 18 months at Celtic he's probably swallowed the hype.

He'll need to cling to that hype when he's playing Ross County, Patrick Thistle and Hamilton Academicals

Am I the only one who doesn't think he's good enough for us?

Doesn't have the tactical awareness and intelligence to play a positional play system. Technically quite good, but doesn't have the brain. He'd probably be ok as a rotation option but I think we're well covered in that area with better players.

Brains isn't something that will improve dramatically through coaching. A little bit, perhaps, but the seed has to be there.

Sterling is a good example. Has fantastic positional awareness, he lacks technically and with composure in front of goal but he has the brain, and he had it at Liverpool.

Sane doesn't have the brain Sterling has but he's technically better than Sterling and Roberts in many areas.

Roberts would do well at a lot of premier league clubs, he's one of those we'll watch from afar and think why did we get rid, but we simply have better players than him and you can't keep them all.

Doesn't have the tactical awareness and intelligence to play a positional play system. Technically quite good, but doesn't have the brain. He'd probably be ok as a rotation option but I think we're well covered in that area with better players.

Brains isn't something that will improve dramatically through coaching. A little bit, perhaps, but the seed has to be there.

Sterling is a good example. Has fantastic positional awareness, he lacks technically and with composure in front of goal but he has the brain, and he had it at Liverpool.

Sane doesn't have the brain Sterling has but he's technically better than Sterling and Roberts in many areas.

Roberts would do well at a lot of premier league clubs, he's one of those we'll watch from afar and think why did we get rid, but we simply have better players than him and you can't keep them all.

It seems that Pep agrees with you .

But I'd argue that Roberts is a better finisher than either Sterling or Sane, has better close control and better vision. Some of the through balls he would play for Celtic were as good as anything De Bruyne would do.

But I'd argue that Roberts is a better finisher than either Sterling or Sane, has better close control and better vision. Some of the through balls he would play for Celtic were as good as anything De Bruyne would do.

Like I said, he's technically good, but if the brain isn't there for a system as complex as ours then it will never work.

How many good technical players never achieve what they initially promise? Ricardo Quaresma a case in point, as good as Ronaldinho was at his peak in that era, but sawdust upstairs.

Hartson tweeting nonsense about Man City holding up Roberts playing for Celtic. How dare we! Celtic clearly think he's their asset having tapped him up. I hope we sell or loan elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.