Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mangala is not going to happen under Pep, his profile is all wrong. I wish him every success as I'm fond of him in the same way I'd be fond of a dog at Battersea but he is not going to be a first team player for us, period.

As for Jonny Evans, it isn't stellar of course but people have been bleating on about 'risking our season on the fitness of Kompany' and we look to be addressing it with a reasonable squad player who has won nine trophies in his career who appears to be happy with a squad role and it's not good enough? Deary me.

If people on here thought Bravo had a hard time off fans just wait till Evans drops a bollock in a game. He'll be chased out the stadium.

Eighteen million pound bid?

Eighteen fucking million pounds?

Fuck me, I'm an unashamed Pep lover, but these are the first steps toward a bitter divorce where he takes pretty much everything and I am left with nothing but hatred and deep loathing of the useless fucking dog he left behind that shits everywhere....(and can't fuckin defend).
the worlds gone fucking mad!

Couldn't believe it when I saw the news we were interested. Was amazed when I saw we allegedly bid 18m for him. Even more amazed West Brom actually turned down that much money for Jonny Evans. If we're prepared to spend 25m on him I would much rather us go for Ben Gibson.
Why, out of interest? Evans is a far better player and whats more, is good with the ball, unlike gibson

United - Yes. - Only Bailly better.
Chelsea - No.
Arsenal - Yes. - Only Koscielny better.
Tottenham - No.
Liverpool - Yes. - Would probably be their best centre half.

It's a shit argument because he's no being bought to be our best centre half, it would be a squad signing.

People think he is gonna replace Kompany or something if you look at the comments here.

He's an excellent signing as a 4th CB which means next season Otamendi can be sold and a new world class CB or a big potential one can come in with Evans staying as solid homegrown 4th choice.

Fucking hell Lukaku is a top striker who is still improving. Moses might given we only have one left back and he was outstanding last year. Evans is nowhere near the level of them two and we are talking about 18mil!! If that headline popped up with Utd or Chelsea spending that on him you'd have a totally different view as would many others on here who seem to be suggesting 18mil on Evans would be a good bit of business.

The argument was whether he would get in other top teams. But other top teams have players in their squad that wouldn't get into ours.

Look I don't think anyone is saying he would be their first choice. But if he is being signed as a squad player and the homegrown aspect allows us to sign two top foreign players, let's just say Sanchez and another (Mbappe but highly unlikely) then I think we could do far worse. If one of the current back three got injured we may go to a back 4 before using him so would only be 4th choice really.

It's really not as bad a buy as people are making out.

United - Yes. - Only Bailly better.
Chelsea - No.
Arsenal - Yes. - Only Koscielny better.
Tottenham - No.
Liverpool - Yes. - Would probably be their best centre half.

It's a shit argument because he's no being bought to be our best centre half, it would be a squad signing.
For 18 mil? Smalling better, mertesacker is better imo as well. He might get in Liverpool but I never mentioned them or arsenal as I don't think either will challenge for the title. We don't need squad signings at CB we need another cb of vks quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.