Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly all these confederate memorials were erected in the 1920's when a resurgence of ignorance and segregation was abound in the southern states, so they are not in same way like nelsons column or the statues of clive which were erected straight after their deaths not retrospectively.

Lee himself said while alive that no memorials of the confederency or himself should be erected as the war was lost and the country needed to move on together not be divided by the past.

If you wanted to compare a similar type of statue in the UK then it would be the butcher cumberland who masacred people at culloden and whose own equestrian statue of the said duke was erected in London in 1770, but was removed in 1868 since by that time the 'butcher of Culloden' was generally reviled as a shame on the nation.

Personaly I am all for mosley st in town being renamed because of it's link to oswald and his family.

If we can stay calm after 50 or 100 terrorist attacks with one common theme and thousands of victims globally

We can bloody well keep calm after a single death during violence provoked in thr first place by leftist fascists trying to prevent people (most of whom were not in nazi or kkk costumes incidentally) from exercising their right to free speech
That post tells me all I need to know about you, thanks for talking the time to provide a revealing insight into your incredibly small mind

Here's the Vice documentary. One of their reporters trailed along with the Unite the Right protesters. Unbelievable the things that were said.

One of the main organisers actually wants someone "more racist than Trump" as he wants someone who "wouldn't hand their daughter over to a Jew." (Trumps son-in-law.)

Here's the Vice documentary. One of their reporters trailed along with the Unite the Right protesters. Unbelievable the things that were said.

One of the main organisers actually wants someone "more racist than Trump" as he wants someone who "wouldn't hand their daughter over to a Jew." (Trumps son-in-law.)

Will give it a watch in the morning and judge for myself but they sound nice guys just using their democratic right to protest as bluetev and venky will agree.

YOU have threatened to break COC read your own posts, over and out.

Fella this is going round in circles much to the annoyance or amusement of those reading it. Now I find leftie protesters quite annoying and BLM to me have a very strong argument and their anger is understandable to any sane person but the name of the group is ill thought out in my opinion. That being said members of the kkk are sub human scum bags that really shouldn't be breathing the same air as the rest of us. Now if one of those hooded arseholes had been killed I may well have had a good chuckle about it.

I cannot see any good reason for trying to play devils advocate in this situation and I am giving you the benefit of the doubt in your motives because the alternative isn't good.

The City Council voted to remove the statue in C-ville, presumably because they thought that's what their constituency wanted. And I presume they believe their jobs are to do what their constituency wants, especially if they want to get re-elected.

The ultimate/best remedy for those unhappy about the decision is pretty clear -- go to the ballot box next election and express displeasure by voting for someone else.

Meantime maybe the CCC members should take a page out of the Trump supporter book and tell everyone, "We won, you lost. Deal with it" (I hope not though).

Personally, apropos of nothing else, as a white male Californian born in the 1960s, I'd have no sense of how a local resident might feel about this. Trump was at least right in that he said the decision to keep or remove statues should be made locally IMO. Apparently carpetbagging Nazi fuckwits believe differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.