Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
No statues would have been 'destroyed' if they had removed, as requested, many years ago until this point in time.

So, for you, the question is as to whether it is 'PC' to allow symbolisms of racism to stand and people get on with it?

Should these counties make sufferers of oppression and their families see their tormentor every day?
Yes, i am sure ordinary black people struggling with unemployment, drug crime and gang violence, etc are really concerned about statues, sorry "tormentors" (i am sure general lee arrives in their nightmares every night)

You still don't answer my question
Would you agree on similar grounds destroying statues of scumbags such as Churchill or nelson, helping a regime tainted with colonialism and slavery? Or every US politician pre 1861?

Precisely.
Nobody, absolutely nobody, supports neo nazis

But the antifa and counter protesters were not there to merely attack those people.

They were there to intimidate ordinary people who were simply appalled by the decision to uproot the statue, because they are equally fascist.
What do you think antifa is short for? Seems weird to call them fascists, unless you just don't know what it is an abbreviation of or genuinely don't understand what fascism is. It's not just a random insult you can throw at anyone who aggressively disagrees with people of other beliefs, there is a hell of a lot more to it than that. Unless you think the anti-fascists are actually dictator loving, right wing nationalists who want the military and government to run everything? Seems unlikely somehow

Precisely. What about the right of people to protest, what about the thousands of other statues dedicated to people who served nasty colonial regimes, what about all those protests that had islamic terrorist elements mixed up with them

Very annoying, being exposed for being two faced hypocrites.

You keep calling people hypocrits because we have statues of churchill, nelson, clive etc up and no one moaning.

Well to put it in the context of this event if MCC voted to remove Gladstones statue in Albert Sq becasue he supported slavery, I doubt many would give a fuck, and it would probably be the same for any statue (even churchill).
So the comparrison isn't the same, the local authorities voted to remove it, that scenario isn't happening with our many statues, and I am sure if enough people objected to a statue already up it would be removed, but that's not the case here , also our many statues were put up straight after the persons death not 150 years later like this one was.

Removing a statue after a democratic majority vote to, does'nt give the extremist nazis a right to crawl out to preach hate and unfortunately kill someone.

On reflection, my choice of Frankie Goes to Hollywood might have sparked the whole thing off. Relax, my arse.

That and drinking southern comfort and lemonade, always wanted to visit the southern states but shit like this puts me off which is a shame really. Although I have done South Africa and you meet some nasty fuckers there.

No normal person would agree with Neo Nazis or be on their side. If a 'normal' person upon seening swastikas and nazi salutes didn't walk away then they are no better. No one suppressed their right to protest - I've even posted pictures of African American police officers standing guard whilst they were doing Nazi salutes behind them.

You seem like a person that goes on /pol/ on 4chan or the countless far right discussion boards on Reddit and believes the poor far right are constantly being silenced by 'lefties.'
Simple question.
If you are at an antifascist or anti Israel protest and you see certain elements openly supporting anti semitism or islamic tsrrirusm.

You would immediately abandon the protest.
Right?
Right?

Yes, i am sure ordinary black people struggling with unemployment, drug crime and gang violence, etc are really concerned about statues, sorry "tormentors" (i am sure general lee arrives in their nightmares every night)

You still don't answer my question
Would you agree on similar grounds destroying statues of scumbags such as Churchill or nelson, helping a regime tainted with colonialism and slavery? Or every US politician pre 1861?

Interesting that this is how you characterise black people as ordinary.

Run like fuck mate, better part of valour and all that.
A dignified retreat for queen and country was, indeed, chosen. Foreign fields and all that.

But on a serious note, this is the shit some people in Charlottesville have been facing daily for god knows how many years. I'm glad they stood toe to toe with the 'supremacists'. What vexes me most is just what is so supreme about them? The fact that they manage to get with half of their sister's chromosomes? I feel sure they aren't Diana Ross fans.

Last edited:
You keep calling people hypocrits because we have statues of churchill, nelson, clive etc up and no one moaning.

Well to put it in the context of this event if MCC voted to remove Gladstones statue in Albert Sq becasue he supported slavery, I doubt many would give a fuck, and it would probably be the same for any statue (even churchill).
So the comparrison isn't the same, the local authorities voted to remove it, that scenario isn't happening with our many statues, and I am sure if enough people objected to a statue already up it would be removed, but that's not the case here , also our many statues were put up straight after the persons death not 150 years later like this one was.

Removing a statue after a democratic majority vote to, does'nt give the extremist nazis a right to crawl out to preach hate and unfortunately kill someone.

I think plenty would be pissed if a Churchill statue was taken down

Simple question.
If you are at an antifascist or anti Israel protest and you see certain elements openly supporting anti semitism or islamic tsrrirusm.

You would immediately abandon the protest.
Right?
Right?

You're doing the muddying the waters hypothetical that racists and their apologists do so well.

If I was marching at a protest and the majority started chanting highly offensive things then yes I would walk away and so would the majority of ordinary people.

It's funny you actually think there were good, ordinary people matching along side those shouting "jews will not replace us" and "blood and soil."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.