Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, "nazis" were not allowed to protest.

Right wingers who were pro-Lee were allowed to protest.

Trying to conflate the two isn't as clever as you think.

...and you're not as clever as you think.

You're revising what happened if you think it was just honest, normal people with right-wing views who were protesting.

Nope, not at all. It looks to me that quite a few on both sides rocked up for a bit of a pitch battle. Have a look at some of the imaprtial (non-edited) footage and you can clearly see that many on both sides were tooled up. To claim that the whole of one side were 'peacefully' protesting is bolllocks. There's nothing wrong with saying it like it is. Just because some people called it out the way they saw it happen, and didn't turn a blind eye, doesn't make them sympathisers.

Sure, I'd like to string those pointy hats up by their bollocks, but it doesn't mean that me and my mates get excused from violence if we get tooled up for the protest and end up in a pitch battle. Now, you may not like or agree with what they get away with, and it annoys the shit out of me that they flaunt the rights of freedom of speech in this way, but that's a different conversation. If they started openly advocating violence and terrorist activities, they would be liable to prosecution.

I don't take either of these groups ideologies as representative. You do realise that the sum total of people involved in the Charlottesville incident involved approx. 0.00003% of the US population don't you? Suggesting that ignoring the supposed ideologies of these two groups is akin to sypathizing with Nazis and the atrocities they commited during World War 2 is frankly an absurd comment to make. You lost any chance of reasonable argument right there.

Once again -- antifa's ideaology is anti-fascism. They are representative of what I hope is the vast majority of Americans in that. How they act on that ideology is what you're objecting to. The distinction is critical. You can equate and criticize the actions of both. You cannot say you object to both ideologies by definition.

Never said they were all nazis, I said the nazis present were using it as an excuse to come out and be the cunts they are.
If people had legitimate complaints as to why them thpught it shopuld stay up then they had a right to air them no problem with that but I am sure they didn't want twats with swastila flags singing songs of hate with them.
I stand by it not being hypocritical though for us not taking down statues from colonial and empire times as there has been no call for it unlike in the case here.
I am happy for mosley st to be renamed and gladstone to be removed from Albert Sq if the council/people of Manchester wanted it.

The council? Really

Intetesting how you ate too stupid to understand the difference betweem "ordinary black people" and "black people are ordinary"

Or maybe the default lefty fascist tactic ehen out of arguments, "waycist"

You mentioned black people as being unemployed, involved in drug crime and gang violence. Very interesting given your far right leanings that this is how you would characterise African Americans.

You're a far right sympathiser who screams lefty at everyone who disagrees with you.

Once again -- antifa's ideaology is anti-fascism. They are representative of what I hope is the vast majority of Americans in that. How they act on that ideology is what you're objecting to. The distinction is critical. You can equate and criticize the actions of both. You cannot say you object to both ideologies by definition.
You know what's funny.
I am good friends with a couple of cleaners in my office who happen to be black.
I know 2-3 lefty feminist types working alongside.
I have never seen them exchange a word or even acknowledge those two people.
Most of the typical guardian types i know stay in the whitest of white localities.

And you can object to two opposing movements that are both fundamentally fascist and opposed to free speech.

The problem with anti groups in my experience is what they deem to belong to this group doesn't necessarily match with the general population. Some of these people label anyone right of them fascist which is probably 99% of the population.

...and you're not as clever as you think.

You're revising what happened if you think it was just honest, normal people with right-wing views who were protesting.
Ie anyone protesting against or thinking differently from your leftie-fascism cult is a) neo Nazi and/or not normal.
Gotcha.

Yes would it not be them who decide to remove a statue or rename a street, if they thought it was necessary?

I think someone is on thin ice if they believe a council always follows the will of the people. I don't know if it was you or another poster who said people could elect someone else if they weren't happy. This is not a good argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.