Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think that it might be a good thing to miss out on Mbappe and that we might have dodged a very expensive bullet if we did?

Time will tell, we can't know that really. Sometimes missing player worth 5 mil. is dodging a bullet and sometimes paying 500 mil. would be fair (Messi, Ronaldo..). I can't talk much about what I think about Mbappe in that aspect as I really don't know how good he is, barely watched him but at that money and his age he is surely a risk.

Time will tell, we can't know that really. Sometimes missing player worth 5 mil. is dodging a bullet and sometimes paying 500 mil. would be fair (Messi, Ronaldo..). I can't talk much about what I think about Mbappe in that aspect as I really don't know how good he is, barely watched him but at that money and his age he is surely a risk.
He definitely has the potential to be in that bracket. But then again so did Robinho and Balotelli.

He's better than both Messi and Cris age by age, that's for sure, and I don't know any other way to judge a talent.
He definitely has the potential to be in that bracket. But then again so did Robinho and Balotelli.
You can't be serious. Both were well-known flops before being transferred here. City had no chance to even remotely touch a talent like Mbappe back then.

If City fall short of what Monaco are asking for, what do you think Monaco will do? 12 months time, Mbappe contract will be running down. I don't like Monaco's negotiating position.

I think the Sanchez transfer is subordinate to this. it has to be.

Agreed. I think City know the longer they wait for Sanchez, the more pressure it puts on Arsenal to make a decision. City made an initial bid to chum the waters and test Arsenal's resolve and it was rejected, which I'm sure was expected. Now they're just waiting for Arsenal to blink and will wait up until deadline day before going all in for him if they fall short with Mbappe.

In the meantime, I have to believe Mbappe is still the main focus and City are doing everything they can right now to secure the most money possible from player sales/loans (Nasri, Bony, Mangala, Delph, Denayer, Zinchenko, Roberts, Adarabioyo) in order to buffer their coffers while waiting to see if Monaco will lower their asking price to a more reasonable level.

He's better than both Messi and Cris age by age, that's for sure, and I don't know any other way to judge a talent.

You can't be serious. Both were well-known flops before being transferred here. City had no chance to even remotely touch a talent like Mbappe back then.
A. I'm not talking about when they joined City, I'm talking about them at the same (/similar) age to Mbappé. Robinho scored 32 goals in 1 season at 19. Balotelli was touted as a potential future Balon D'Or winner as a teen.

B. They were definitely not complete flops when they joined City. Robinho has stagnated slightly but was one of Madrid's very brightest talents 1/2 years before. Balotelli was still extremely highly rated but was moved on because of his attitude problems, which also got in the way of his potential.

I don't know how you can say that? "Scored more goals" is hardly a perfect way of assessing talent.

To be honest, from what I've seen of him - which admittedly is not much - I don't know what all the hype is about. He looks good yes, but he's only had one decent season and most of his opponents have been meh. Personally I haven't seen anything spectacular from him that might tell me he's the next Messi or Ronaldo. Maybe I've just missed it?

So yes, worth signing as he is young and shows great promise, but their valuation is bonkers and would be a ludicrous risk I am sure we would not take. If we can get him for say £80m plus add-ons then maybe.

Anyone read Sam Lee's article today?

Seems to imply the signing of Evans means we are still in for both Mbappe and Sanchez, that both as in one or other or both as in still would sign both if available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.