Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand how calling racists, misogynists, bigots and xenophobes deplorable is a problem. If you are any of those things you are, by definition, deplorable.

I don't think it was an accurate reflection of the entirety of Trump's base. It was an insulting generalization to those who aren't any of those things but voted for him anyway for other reasons. And even if you really think that about some or all of your opponent's support base, there is nothing to be gained politically from saying it, only things to lose. Like the election. Having said that, as I noted before -- I don't want that to be moment the worm turned or boil down her loss to one thing.

I don't think it was an accurate reflection of the entirety of Trump's base. It was an insulting generalization to those who aren't any of those things but voted for him anyway for other reasons. And even if you really think that about some or all of your opponent's support base, there is nothing to be gained politically from saying it, only things to lose. Like the election. Having said that, as I noted before -- I don't want that to be moment the worm turned or boil down her loss to one thing.
Go back and watch the video, she never said Dumb Donald's voters were deplorable. She said that people who were the things I described above were.

Go back and watch the video, she never said Dumb Donald's voters were deplorable. She said that people who were the things I described above were.

I read the transcript. You're right. In fact she even called out those "desperate for change" as half of his base. She also said "we need to understand and empathize" with them too. Clearly there was a perception that she couldn't, wouldn't or didn't.

It's a good lesson in context and paying closer attention for me.

However, I still don't think that politically it made sense to say it, however she felt. Indeed some of Trump's supporters wear it like a badge of honor (as City fans wear . . . or, rather, wore ridicule as badge of honor even :)).

For what it's worth, I voted for her because (among other reasons) I knew exactly what Trump is, and have known for nearly two decades. I would have voted for Kacich had he won the Rep nomination.

Last edited:
No the issue is, hypocrites like you keep dancing around - the key fact thst it is NOT ok to indulge in politically motivated bs like destroying statues

Simple. Are you willing to support destroying statues of churchill, columbus, clive, Nelson?
Yes or no?
Have the council(s) voted to have them removed like in C-vile?

No dear, i have sympathy for the right of people to protest without being attacked by leftie fascists

For instance, you have the right to walk down a street protesting against police brutality againdt black people without being attacked.

Not something leftie fascists like you csn get
Ah yes, I'm well known for being a leftie fascist. Being are always going on about me being a commie in all the political threads.

It's amazing how you believe people should have the right to protest without being attacked and blame those protesting against neo nazis and KKK rather than the alt right scum that drove his car into a group of people peacefully protesting.

We know what you are Tev. It's disgusting you're allowed to continue posting to be honest.

Again, "nazis" were not allowed to protest.

Right wingers who were pro-Lee were allowed to protest.

Trying to conflate the two isn't as clever as you think.

I thought Trump was indeed pointing out that the Nazis had a permit and the anti-Nazis didn't. Your ridiculous distinction is not one that Trump made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.