Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, it doesn't guarantee success but it would give us the best possible chance of winning both the league and Champions League this year in my opinion (if other key members of the squad stay fit for the majority of the season).
For sure. I thought we had a great chance last season and it was our mental fortitude that led us down. Hopefully Pep can instil belief into the squad

so this could actually be on then?? is this city trying to calm the fans with evans news by moving this on quickly at the same time? lol

Agree with other's, it seems the onus will be on City & how much they want him. It seems Sanchez won't put in a transfer request, & it seems Pep doesn't really want him to anyway. So judging by Wenger's comments, which can be construed the same as Ornstein's comments from a few weeks back, Arsenal keep Sanchez unless an offer too good to turn down comes in. It seems like £45M-£50M isn't that offer. However, if City go to £60M+, would that be enough? Would it take higher than that?

Again, we are only guessing, trying to look for subtleties from each individual quote that comes out of Wengers mouth. At least there's only 2 weeks left, the drama will be sorted soon. It looks like we have Gabriel signing for Valencia today, & Lucas is getting closer to leaving. If those 2 leave we are only looking at a net spend of £20M this window, & that's without Chambers & Gibbs leaving as well, plus we don't seem close to get anyone else in, we aren't really even linked with anyone just now.

I've said all along that he shouldn't put a transfer request in and Wenger's comments don't suggest he needs to. If the offer we make is good enough, they'll relay it to Sanchez and his agent. Arsenal only have to accept the offer, Sanchez is doing everything he needs to.

However, for people like Wenger who enjoy games of brinkmanship it's useful at this stage to draw back a little. He's softened his stance today, which so far has belied the lack of bargaining power they have. I'd up the bid slowly and wouldn't go a penny over the fee we paid for De Bruyne. If that isn't good enough, good for them, he stays there a while longer.

Wenger can't afford to be the one who sanctioned Sanchez to leave, Arse fans are split over him at best.
For him to be able to say 'I didn't want to sell him but the board said it was in the best interests of the club' keeps his head above water (if only just)
The fact he is mentioning that he might get over ruled, says it is happening.
Welcome Mr Sanchez ( and Mr Evans, cough cough )

There is only 2 weeks left
If Sanchez is to leave, that is only possible if Arsenal can get someone in to replace him and there is no likelihood of that.

That's logical, only problem is Arsenal aren't logical sometimes. And while there is Mahrez on the market, he can always be counted on as a fall back option.

There will be dialogue behind the scenes through a range of intermediaries - Wenger and Arsenal will know Sanchez wants out, they'll know he'll only sign for us, they will know what we are prepared to pay and they probably know that Sanchez will go public by a said date if if doesn't happen. This is being orchestrated and Wenger and Arsenal will capitulate (as usual) probably over the weekend.

That's logical, only problem is Arsenal aren't logical sometimes. And while there is Mahrez on the market, he can always be counted on as a fall back option.

If Sanchez goes to City, Wenger and Arsenal would look ridiculous and not only kiss top 4 goodbye but would guarantee losing Ozil and the Ox meaning our squad would have the quality of Stoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.