Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how you can say that? "Scored more goals" is hardly a perfect way of assessing talent.

To be honest, from what I've seen of him - which admittedly is not much - I don't know what all the hype is about. He looks good yes, but he's only had one decent season and most of his opponents have been meh. Personally I haven't seen anything spectacular from him that might tell me he's the next Messi or Ronaldo. Maybe I've just missed it?

So yes, worth signing as he is young and shows great promise, but their valuation is bonkers and would be a ludicrous risk I am sure we would not take. If we can get him for say £80m plus add-ons then maybe.

He seems to be more like a Ronaldo (athletic, does everything very well) rather than a Messi (capable of jaw dropping moments of skill).

Speed of feet and movement. Reminds me of the real Ronaldo, but he's not got the goalscoring yet.

I am basing this on a handful of games. I was not convinced until I saw him against England where he did it again. The argument that he shines in a weak league is fair. But he has also done it in the Champions League against the best.

His performance against us is probably not the best benchmark because we were a very easy team to attack and our full backs last season were terrible.

Speed of feet and movement. Reminds me of the real Ronaldo, but he's not got the goalscoring yet.

I am basing this on a handful of games. I was not convinced until I saw him against England where he did it again. The argument that he shines in a weak league is fair. But he has also done it in the Champions League against the best.

His performance against us is probably not the best benchmark because we were a very easy team to attack and our full backs last season were terrible.
The analogy is obvious, but I don't agree with your assessment. Mbappe doesn't have Ronaldo's bullish power, his ball-control is considerably worse (KM's dribbling is more Henry-style - kick and run), but he's better at chance convertion than pre-injury R9, who was quite a wasteful forward and developed really good and clinical shot only during post-injury career. Ofc R9 created opportunities in adundance so had phenomenal stats, but that's a different matter, I'm talking about finishing skills. Besides, Mbappe looks quite dangerous in the box, where Ronaldo was average at best.

The most striking thing about Mbappe for me is his intelligence, he's more mature and tactically astute than Messi, R9 were until 20-21. It's not difficult to rewatch their games and check it out.

The analogy is obvious, but I don't agree with your assessment. Mbappe doesn't have Ronaldo's bullish power, his ball-control is considerably worse (KM's dribbling is more Henry-style - kick and run), but he's better at chance convertion than pre-injury R9, who was quite a wasteful forward and developed really good and clinical shot only during post-injury career. Ofc R9 created opportunities in adundance so had phenomenal stats, but that's a different matter, I'm talking about finishing skills. Besides, Mbappe looks quite dangerous in the box, where Ronaldo was average at best.

The most striking thing about Mbappe for me is his intelligence, he's more mature and tactically astute than Messi, R9 were until 20-21. It's not difficult to rewatch their games and check it out.
It was the speed of the footwork that struck me. It's almost as if he has a different nervous system.

Think with Mbappe he's one of those players you know is going to do something when he gets the ball. Like almost exciting wondering what he's gonna do, not sure we have a player like that (maybe Jesus)

His goals per game was far better pre injury than post. He was pretty much 1:1 before he got injured, after that it took a significant dip.

Mendy has already reached cult status before playing a game for City. Imagine if he is a main reason Mbappe comes...

Do you think we will prioritise trying to sign MBappe over Sanchez :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.