Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless, I didn't realize that reckless, leg-breaking tackles were graded on the "shite-ness" of the target.

That's not what I was saying at all. A bad tackle is a bad tackle and I'll call anyone out for it, even our own players. The point is that Evans didn't end his career and it was a rather pathetic attempt to scramble for a stick to beat him with.

The tackle wasn't being excused because Holden was shite, that was just coincidental. Maybe he was decent before De Jong snapped his leg a year earlier but it's not exactly something we can prove or I care about. Both reckless and inexcusable but that certainly doesn't mean unforgivable and it also shouldn't be used as a tool to just make up bullshit to fit an agenda.

What a kick in the bollocks this signing is. Jonny fucking Evans. Jesus Christ Pep what are you doing to us. Hope you have Sanchez lined up to soften the blow of signing this rag bastard

The price at Circa. £20M is massively inflated due to the wild prices paid in this window, plus if a £20m Evans leads to us signing either Mbappe or Sanchez I'm all for it.

As for Evans as a player, he has the experience of the premier league, he can pass (needed for our back three/two), not a world star Stella name, but is any Stella name going to sit on the bench and just play cup games.

Would be a great squad signing and even better if leads to Mbappe or Sanchez

That's not what I was saying at all. A bad tackle is a bad tackle and I'll call anyone out for it, even our own players. The point is that Evans didn't end his career and it was a rather pathetic attempt to scramble for a stick to beat him with.

The tackle wasn't being excused because Holden was shite, that was just coincidental. Maybe he was decent before De Jong snapped his leg a year earlier but it's not exactly something we can prove or I care about. Both reckless and inexcusable but that certainly doesn't mean unforgivable and it also shouldn't be used as a tool to just make up bullshit to fit an agenda.
I would say it's inexcusable if it becomes a pattern for the player. That said, I would find it easier as a condemnation of De Jong than Evans in that regard. I would quibble and say that second leg break did pretty much end Holden's chance at a meaningful career, which is a shame in that I hate injury ruining someone's chances no matter how good or bad those chances are.

As you say, though, people will grasp at a lot of different straws to justify feelings. I'm more wait and see, personally. I have a feeling this will be done and he'll end up potentially featuring on the left side of a Back 3. We should all brace ourselves for the reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.