Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need cover for Kompany right? So who do you suggest that doesn't at the same time threaten John Stones position.

I think you are maybe just trying to assess how good the defender is and comparing him with Kompany, VVD, Bonucci etc when what we need is an experienced defender who can cover if needed. We already have the first choice defenders in place in Kompany and Stones, but if we play 3 at the back, or have injuries, we'll need another defender to come in.

Demichelis did this job for City under Pellegrini but he was a bit old. Evans has played his career in the Premier league and has almost 250 games now and is the captain of WBA. He's a decent player. Surely once you set aside your dislike for Man Utd you can see that?
Agree with that 100%, think there is predjudice not just because he played for the rags also because he plays for Pulis and some think that means he can't be a Pep player.

PSG confirm Draxler is not in their plans.
Alexis Sanchez located in Paris.

Put two and two together and you end up with a swap deal. Draxler to Arsenal, Sanchez to PSG. Wenger satisfied he has got a good replacement and kept Sanchez away from clutches of another premier league team.

PSG confirm Draxler is not in their plans.
Alexis Sanchez located in Paris.

Put two and two together and you end up with a swap deal. Draxler to Arsenal, Sanchez to PSG. Wenger satisfied he has got a good replacement and kept Sanchez away from clutches of another premier league team.
Would mean we're closer to Mbappe though.

Silver linings and all that.

Would mean we're closer to Mbappe though.

Silver linings and all that.
I've spent the whole summer thinking we would get Sanchez and Mbappe would go elsewhere, never thought we would really go for both. Last few days I've changed my thinking, beginning to believe we'll get Mbappe and PSG will get the cheaper option of Sanchez.

We need cover for Kompany right? So who do you suggest that doesn't at the same time threaten John Stones position.

I think you are maybe just trying to assess how good the defender is and comparing him with Kompany, VVD, Bonucci etc when what we need is an experienced defender who can cover if needed. We already have the first choice defenders in place in Kompany and Stones, but if we play 3 at the back, or have injuries, we'll need another defender to come in.

Demichelis did this job for City under Pellegrini but he was a bit old. Evans has played his career in the Premier league and has almost 250 games now and is the captain of WBA. He's a decent player. Surely once you set aside your dislike for Man Utd you can see that?

Who do I suggest?

I'm not on the transfer team at City. I'm not one of the scouting network dotted all around Europe and the World. I'm not one of the analyst team at City. But between them all, the final solution for a 4th centre half is Jonny Evans. Please! So there isn't a better centre half for less money anywhere else in the UK, Europe or the World?? And apart from signing him, if it happens, which I hope doesn't happen , West Brom are pulling our shorts down as well.
Think about it, if it's true. £18mill for 'Jonny Evans. Possibly £20+mill if another bid is true. Wow!

How much would you have paid for him last season? A centre half in a team that finished 10th by parking the bus and conceding 51 goals, with Jonny at the heart of their 5 Man Pulis defence.

Going back to Sanchez. Hypothetical I know. I'll admit that. But people are baulkiing at my suggestion of an extra £10mill to secure Sanchez. £60mill? Yet they don't mind blowing £20mill on Jonny Evans. The money has gone to ours heads.

I've spent the whole summer thinking we would get Sanchez and Mbappe would go elsewhere, never thought we would really go for both. Last few days I've changed my thinking, beginning to believe we'll get Mbappe and PSG will get the cheaper option of Sanchez.
Bearing in mind

Neymar
Wenger
Mendy
Bernardo
Pep

I don't think that's unlikely.

Who do I suggest?

I'm not on the transfer team at City. I'm not one of the scouting network dotted all around Europe and the World. I'm not one of the analyst team at City. But between them all, the final solution for a 4th centre half is Jonny Evans. Please! So there isn't a better centre half for less money anywhere else in the UK, Europe or the World?? And apart from signing him, if it happens, which I hope doesn't happen , West Brom are pulling our shorts down as well.
Think about it, if it's true. £18mill for 'Jonny Evans. Possibly £20+mill if another bid is true. Wow!

How much would you have paid for him last season? A centre half in a team that finished 10th by parking the bus and conceding 51 goals, with Jonny at the heart of their 5 Man Pulis defence.

Going back to Sanchez. Hypothetical I know. I'll admit that. But people are baulkiing at my suggestion of an extra £10mill to secure Sanchez. £60mill? Yet they don't mind blowing £20mill on Jonny Evans. The money has gone to ours heads.

Who do you suggest that's homegrown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.