how good a player were/are you?

Full of shit. He's three years older than you

Haha! He is two years older from memory. Played over 60 games together and set him up for many goals. He lived right near Maine road. First played together on our trials at wilbrham road school. Believe what you want.
I was even with him when he had his ball bag stitched up at withington hospital after a game. Send him a tweet and ask about that?!!

Come along to the 5 a side game and see what you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Captain of the Primary School Mauldeth Rd
In the team at Secondary School and played alongside two members that went Pro.
Joined the RN and played in Various Ships sides against foreign Navy's. Played against St Lucia's national side where we had to line up with the National Anthems were played in front of a few thousand. Scored a few too but it's all been downhill from there!!

I used to be a cracking keeper as a preadolescent. Was the tallest in my class at 5"7 when I was 11 so was always shunted in goal.

12 years later and I'm still 5"7.

Played and won at Edgeley Park x2, Gigg Lane and the Reebok in various finals. Played for some decent teams. I had trials at City at 11, didn't realise the opportunity until years later.

Not very is the only answer I can put, reserve goalie in primary school moved on to right back ended up as a right winger (with no pace)in most of the ships teams I played in during my Navy days, broke my ankles 6 times during matches as I didn't know when to stay upright or when to slide in and also because I the have ankles of a little girl

Pretty good if I say so :)
Was at City 2 years but didn't make the cut :(
I blame it on being 5ft 5 at 16 when all the other lads were much bigger and quicker at same age
Always played for Trafford schools and inter league teams
Played one season open age after not playing for 5 years got top scorer and player of the year
I was mustard and I'm very bitter :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.