Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
a) Ederson, not Bravo
b) Evans gives us a far better chance than Tosin or Mangala.

I was referring to a situation where we have just two injuries: Ederson and Kompany.
And yes, we might go back to a 4-men defence in that situation, although Evans with either Stones or Otamendi won't fill me with confidence.
And is Evans better than Mangala? On what basis? That he plays deep in a highly defensive set up by Pulis?
Just the thought of Evans playing in a high line 3-men defence that wil be totally new to him. If we get him please let everybody sta fit so he won't come near the bench to start with.

What is unclear about it? Not only has he no premiere league experience, he's barely played any professional football at all. He's looked decent enough in preseason with a lot to work on in terms of passing and positional play but there's no way he's ready. Further, from his standpoint he would be far, far better served playing regularly in the Championship this year than getting a few minutes here and there for us.

Maybe he would be better served on loan, I think that will be the best for him if Evans comes.

But having no experience has nothing to do with not being good enough. It seems to be the thing said about every young player who eventually leaves because we don't give them a chance. But we'll never know if we never give them an opportunity. We're starting to see signs of some of those "not good enough" for us breaking through with other teams at our level.

Then why give him a new contract?

As Tosin has never played in the PL, you or I don't know if that's true. Why offer him a new contract if we don't think he has potential.

Because we think Tosin will be good enough in the future. But for now he is far too prone to mistakes and slips in concentration that we can't afford. And on another note I don't think he's strong enough yet but I could be wrong.

I was referring to a situation where we have just two injuries: Ederson and Kompany.
And yes, we might go back to a 4-men defence in that situation, although Evans with either Stones or Otamendi won't fill me with confidence.
And is Evans better than Mangala? On what basis? That he plays deep in a highly defensive set up by Pulis?
Just the thought of Evans playing in a high line 3-men defence that wil be totally new to him. If we get him please let everybody sta fit so he won't come near the bench to start with.
Evans is clearly mentally far stronger than Mangala and if you can't see that then I don't think I can tell you anything that can change your mind.

I'm sure some people are trying to out-do each other to see who can have the most hysterical overreaction to this signing. Hopefully most of it is tongue in cheek, otherwise it's slightly tragic.

Not sure that's fair. Most people think we're over-paying for an average PL player. Are you expecting people to be overwhelmed?

He ain't going to get better, at some point it would be nice if we took a gamble on our own.

You could well be correct, we have subsidized so many loans its difficult to keep up.

It is difficult, I do believe we're improving in this aspect though, don't think we're as soft a touch as we were in the early days of the takeover when it comes to subsidising.

A lot of people say that. I'm not sure it is as clear as some are making out.

If he is as bad as some people think, we should be selling or giving away right now and start working on the next CB prospect.

Personally I'd like to see him get chances, develop his game and see how he goes. Don't reckon he would have fared much worse last season than some of our "experienced" players. Although if this move happens, I think a loan for him is the best bet.

No point in another season sitting in the stands our playing U23's.

I would champion the inclusion of any academy player as long as he has something about him. If Foden was given some game time this season I would be delighted, even though I would expect his form to be inconsistent. With Tosin, I have seen nothing from him, to suggest he will be a Premier League level player, never mind one that can hold down a place in a side with title aspirations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.