Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evans is clearly mentally far stronger than Mangala and if you can't see that then I don't think I can tell you anything that can change your mind.

Not true at all. It's one of his biggest weaknesses. It certainly was when he was at united. Playing for West Brom probably hid it more due to less pressure on him.

Hardly the most inspiring signing ever, but some of the flapping on here is insane and the whole thing is blown stupidly out of proportion.

Leaving aside the obvious WUMs, many of whom were the ones complaining when we signed Bernardo that we only need defenders, it's plain that if he wasn't an ex-rag nobody would have anything to complain about.

Meanwhile the whole football world is laughing at the entitled City fans threatening to cancel season tickets because Pep wants West Brom's best player and captain as squad depth.

Nothing against Evans but how about this? - keep Mangala, get a defensive coach, coach him up to Evans' standard (come on!), and return the 15 million or so to the fans.
Because some players can't be coached composure or football intelligence or passing. Wouldn't matter how good a coach somebody was they couldn't turn a Cattermole into a Busquets. I didn't know much about Evans never taken any notice, but as I posted before, reading this article made me think I should give him the chance we might be surprised.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/17/jonny-evans-no-one-should-surprised-man-city-want/

its not just him being a rag player we have had loads before but its the lad is not that good yes bottom to midtable of the league teams but this is top level and you need to be ready to coming in and make a good show of it when pep needs you i just don't see it and why spend £25million on a gamble or a cover player its just daft

Phil Jagielka would be a good shout and would be free or a small fee and somewhere down the line i think he is a blue
I get this, I really do. Hence why I said if he puts in a shift. Also he's likely to be 2nd/3rd choice.

£25m for a HG, experienced CB who's very good on the ball is good business. If it frees up the funds to sign Sanchez as well then it's excellent from us.

Really don't understand the hysteria on here. So fucking what that he once played for United? He's secretly a City fan anyway since he got himself sent off during the 6-1.

Mangala is highly error-prone, positionally suspect, has shown no particular leadership skills and lacks any passing range or vision. Is that clearer?

How do you know Evans isn't all this when he makes his debut in a 3 men defence playing a highline? But I guess you wanna find out first. I don't.

It's not a signing I'm particularly enthused about either, to be honest. I just think some people are being absurd, bearing in mind he'll be our fourth choice centre half. Talking about giving up season tickets etc is ridiculous.

Not seen anyone mention giving up a season ticket, that's got to be a wind-up.

Just think it's a desperate signing and a waste of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.