Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know Evans isn't all this when he makes his debut in a 3 men defence playing a highline? But I guess you wanna find out first. I don't.
I'm merely assuming that our manager has thought about this and wouldn't be pursuing the player if he didn't think he could handle it.

Evans being an ex-rag might not have anything to do with the way you perceive him. However, you're talking utter bollocks if you think him being an ex-rag has nothing to do with people's opinions.

We've been linked with people who are worse than Evans in the past and received nowhere near 200 pages in less than 24 hours.
Ben Gibson for one.

My last on this. Leicester walked away at £10M so why we feel the need to pay £25M I will never know, especially given his age not fitting the new profile of younger players.

He is also a Rag who I just don't rate and yes, he will play in games we should coast and will have it easy so to speak but he is human, will make a fuck up and because of his past he will get slaughtered and never forgiven.

Fuck all to do with ikkle ciddyitis and everything to do with this being what feels like a panic buy for ridiculous money.

We have had a magnificent window we really have but this is so fucking ridiculous it beggars belief.

On that..... welcome to City Jonny Evans.

Never happened if you believe some on this thread.

It happened. 6 years ago.

1. It's not because it's a former rag that folk dont want him, it's because he's shit

Is he? That seems to be a matter of debate.

Statistically, at least, he's been defensively very good for years now.

2. He looks good for West Brom. Tony Pulis, park the bus West Brom. The complete opposite of Pep's system.

By golly, you've got it! Someone should tell Pep that this player he wants isn't a Pep player.

By the way, Evans had an average pass completion percentage of 93 while at the rags, but yeah, he's a Tony Pulis "hoof the ball" defender with no technical footballing ability.

3. People saying he's only coming in as back up, what if he's needed? If he isn't good enough to start, he isn't good enough. If Kompany goes down, would you want 15 games of Evans and Stones?

That's Pep's call. He could have Danillo in there too, or Nico. Maybe even deeper Yaya? Who knows with this manager.

I'm sure there's others who escape me, but he's not the answer to any question.

Pep Guardiola potentially thinks he is. I know who's opinion I'll go with.

I see why you're unsure and to be honest so am I but I'm sure Pep and Txiki and co have their reasons for wanting him- assuming the story is true- and I suppose what we want is a player on low-ish wages with experience and minimal risk. When you sign Jonny Evans you know exactly what you're getting, whereas maybe Inigo Martinez is something of an unknown entity, a bit like Mangala was- we didn't know if he'd adapt and so he was a gamble.

All players are a gamble to a certain extent and as you say getting Evans is a known quantity....just a shame he's crap.
Not sure who to go for in some ways... depending on how much we want to pay I guess but I'm sure there are better players out there but who to go for is anyone's guess.
If we sign him then I will be less than enamoured but won't boo him and if he gives 100% and is decent then he should get a fair crack of the whip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.