Article 50/Brexit Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
So free access for EU citizens but for work permits, "The government would control the number of permits issued in any particular sector. There could be a charge for each permit to encourage companies to give British workers priority." I thought we were freeing ourselves of red tape, not making more.

So free access for EU citizens but for work permits, "The government would control the number of permits issued in any particular sector. There could be a charge for each permit to encourage companies to give British workers priority." I thought we were freeing ourselves of red tape, not making more.
Only one small step from there to giving the 3 devolved parliaments, what they wanted with the power to issue work permits for Scotland or Wales. Expect to see virtual free movement in all parts of the UK except England.

It's our red tape not EU red tape so it's OK.

Only one small step from there to giving the 3 devolved parliaments, what they wanted with the power to issue work permits for Scotland or Wales. Expect to see virtual free movement in all parts of the UK except England.
Then English firms will move production to Wales and Scotland to avoid arbitrary restrictions and have access to immigrant labour as there's already a labour shortage in some sectors.

I'd have thought it meant being left out in the cold!

Yep...

boris.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.