Van hits crowd in Barcelona

We are heading down to London tomorrow for a family trip to the capital. The first time the kids have ever been. Obviously could have done without seeing this.

Hope you have a great time, i'll bet the kids are excited?

I live outside the UK at the moment but my dad still goes and takes my nephew in my place. I don't want to be morbid but I have a tiny sense of dread about something happening, and do fear a little for Blues and any other football fan for that matter. This feeling has been mainly accelerated by the events at Manchester Arena.

Surprised it's taken this long since the last attack in Europe.

I thought something similar the other day that it had been quiet. Shocking looking back that I now think that way.

We are going Barcelona on the 2nd September for a week for my daughters 21st. Will be a bit more alert now no doubt

And the awful truth is that the Internet is allowing knob heads, of whatever ilk, to share images of this in order to promote their vile ideology.

• Police arrest one man
  • Second van found in nearby town of Vic
  • Metro and railway stations closed
Catalan police said there is no one holed up inside a bar. They confirm that a man has been arrested and is being "treated like a terrorist"

Regional interior minister Joaquim Forn has said the number of deaths will "likely rise".

Speaking to the media, he said: On the victims, these are provisional figures but we can confirm one death and also 32 injured, some of these serious and unfortunately we believe the number of deaths will likely rise.

"These are completely provisional figures, I must insist. These are just the confirmed figures.

"Barcelona will suspend all leisure activities today, all city celebrations such as the Fiesta de Gracia (runs 15-21 August), all these celebrations are suspended and we request maximum collaboration and we ask you do not attend these planned events."

We are heading down to London tomorrow for a family trip to the capital. The first time the kids have ever been. Obviously could have done without seeing this.

I am in Paris and travelling to London for last two nights feel a bit nervous but you have to get on with it. Paris, London and barca are fantastic cities you Will have a great safe time

My heart goes out to all those poor people killed and injured and also their families and friends.

My wife and I love Barcelona, we usually stay in the Hotel Continental which is on Las Ramblas and has balconies overlooking the street.

What a terrible, terrible thing to happen.

My thoughts go out to the friends and families of the victims of this evil crime.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.