Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a bit of a panic/desperate move this one....almost as if, we dont have much transfer budget left but worried about Kompany's long term health, so who is cheap and homegrown. If the numbers getting reported are true, this is not as cheap as it should be and shows we havent learnt from past mistakes by paying 140k wages to an average player that we wont be able to sell in 2-3years time and stuck paying half his wages in a loan deal, as no-one is willing to match the wages we've given him...Not concerned that he's an ex-Red just think this is poor business.

Simple answer, because Jonny Evans is average at best, and that's being fucking kind. Also he is 29 and we are trying to spend £20M + on younger players (aren't we?). The rag attachment doesn't help, but it didn't hinder Carlos, the lack of ability will hinder Jonny average. Also I couldn't give a fuck that Pep doesn't give a fuck; football origins included being a way of the working man, or woman, letting off steam, I still am and still do. To think Jonny evans is not good enough by some considerable distance, and giving Jonny some shit on Monday, isn't flapping, it's common fucking sense
And how do you know for sure he will be "average at best" for us - or can you see into the future?. Different team, different set up, different players. Prob best to see him play for us before writing him off IMO

We need an experienced centre half to cover as for whatever reason Pep doesn't have faith in Mangala. At the end of day Evans is a solid defender that can organise and is not likely to be worried about a rotation system. Pep is a far better judge of a footballer than anyone else on here, although you wouldn't believe it reading this thread

Seems a bit of a panic/desperate move this one....almost as if, we dont have much transfer budget left but worried about Kompany's long term health, so who is cheap and homegrown. If the numbers getting reported are true, this is not as cheap as it should be and shows we havent learnt from past mistakes by paying 140k wages to an average player that we wont be able to sell in 2-3years time and stuck paying half his wages in a loan deal, as no-one is willing to match the wages we've given him...Not concerned that he's an ex-Red just think this is poor business.
I may be wrong, but I suspect you are assuming we have just thrown a dart at the board without any due diligence at all - just dont think we operate that way

We need an experienced centre half to cover as for whatever reason Pep doesn't have faith in Mangala. At the end of day Evans is a solid defender that can organise and is not likely to be worried about a rotation system. Pep is a far better judge of a footballer than anyone else on here, although you wouldn't believe it reading this thread

I get the feeling other factors in play here mate....This isnt just about whether Pep feels he's a solid defender...It would seem he wasnt even on our list of targets at the start of the summer and is likely a 4th or 5th option. For me this is all about budget and homegrown. Almost like going into a sweet shop and asking what can I get for my 50p! ;) Maybe he turns out a solid move but a big drop off in talent from original targets at the position. I'm sure people will start feeling a little better if the saving on this signing, is the difference in getting Sanchez over the line!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.