Veganism

Some nice quotes from some notable names.

George Bernard Shaw: "Animals are my friends..and I don't eat my friends."

Thomas Edison: "Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages."

Da Vinci: "I have from an early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men."

Gandhi: "Ethically they had arrived at the conclusion that man's supremacy over lower animals meant not that the former should prey upon the latter, but that the higher should protect the lower, and that there should be mutual aid between the two as between man and man. They had also brought out the truth that man eats not for enjoyment but to live."

Benjamin Franklin: "My refusing to eat meat occasioned inconveniency, and I have been frequently chided for my singularity. But my light repast allows for greater progress, for greater clearness of head and quicker comprehension."

Charles Darwin: "There is no fundamental difference between man and the higher animals in their mental faculties . . . The lower animals, like man, manifestly feel pleasure and pain, happiness, and misery."

Leo Tolstoy: "A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral."

Mark Twain: "Of all the creatures, man is the most detestable. Of the entire brood, he’s the one that possesses malice. He is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain. The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to the other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong proves his moral inferiority to any creature that cannot."

I read the da Vinci one and now I can't take any of it seriously. Da Vinci never said that, it's from a fictional book about him.

Look at the conflict of interest statement.

I smell bull shit.
No surprise that you smell bullshit.
After all it's comprehensive research carried out by recognised experts who have all contibuted to many publications that have numerous citations by other experts.
If it was written by a loon on a conspiracy website you'd believe it.

Last edited:
I read the da Vinci one and now I can't take any of it seriously. Da Vinci never said that, it's from a fictional book about him.
Sensible!

But apparently Leonardo wrote this: (lifted off Wiki) "If you are as you have described yourself the king of the animals — it would be better for you to call yourself king of the beasts since you are the greatest of them all! — why do you not help them so that they may presently be able to give you their young in order to gratify your palate, for the sake of which you have tried to make yourself a tomb for all the animals? Even more I might say if to speak the entire truth were permitted me."

This thread belongs in the classics.

If you want to be vegan good luck to you, just do us all a favour and shut the fuck up about it.

No surprise that you smell bullshit.
After all it's comprehensive research carried out by recognised experts who have all contibuted to many publications that have numerous citations by other experts.
If it was written by a loon on a conspiracy website you'd believe it.
You keep buying it then like a good little citizen.

Couldn't agree more, my Grandad ate a full breakfast of three fried eggs and bacon, black pudding, with slabs
of bread dipped in the frying pan, drank 10 pints of mild a day, smoked 30 Capstan Full Strength, and he lived
till he was 28.

I've started smoking 40 a day, eating black pudding & fried bread off the back of this! 28 you say?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.