Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well put.

You always stood up for him, now did you. Seriously, there's no right or wrong in either vision. Only in hindsight we will find out IF Evans was a quality choice by the manager, or one to be on the Pep-flops list. Up until that moment I differ opinions and stand by the fact Evans either as a player at Albion or Northern Ireland has ever played the way Pep wants his defenders to play. It's that particular point that doesn't exite me the least. As Kompany said not too long ago how he spotted the differences with the City players that have been training with Pep for over a year now, and the ones coming back from a loan and not understanding what Pep wants. Now I very much doubt Evans will understand quicker than anyone else, let alone him performing in that way. Outscoring the opponent will become a much bigger issue ...

When I first read this I was in disbelief, to be honest due to my natural hating of all things rag. The more I think about this the more sense it makes. 20 mil is a small price to pay for an experienced pl cb who is decent enough with his feet to play as a rotational option at cb in the lesser games. He has experience on his side and id feel comfortable with him slotting into our defence against some of the less difficult opposition we will face to rest vinny. He's a quality stop gap which allows us to go big next year on a long term replacement who also keeps our home grown quota where it needs to be. 20 mil is a small price to pay for someone who ticks nearly every box we need in a back up cb despite him being a rag twunt. It also leaves the option of an incoming sanchez on the table to cap off an excellent xfer window.

When I first read this I was in disbelief, to be honest due to my natural hating of all things rag. The more I think about this the more sense it makes. 20 mil is a small price to pay for an experienced pl cb who is decent enough with his feet to play as a rotational option at cb in the lesser games. He has experience on his side and id feel comfortable with him slotting into our defence against some of the less difficult opposition we will face to rest vinny. He's a quality stop gap which allows us to go big next year on a long term replacement who also keeps our home grown quota where it needs to be. 20 mil is a small price to pay for someone who ticks nearly every box we need in a back up cb despite him being a rag twunt. It also leaves the option of an incoming sanchez on the table to cap off an excellent xfer window.
Agreed though it does stick in the craw a little paying over £50M to Pullis

So tracksuit tony has stated that unless a large offer comes in they can't refuse,Evans will stay and they are in no need to sell,seems like we are going to pay way over the odds for him wouldn't be surprised they are looking for a ball park figure closer to £40mill or more ..

My rag mate described him as "two-footed...i.e. equally bad with both feet". I can't say I'm doing cartwheels at the prospect of seeing Evans in a City shirt but, as always, if it happens then he gets 100% support.

Oh it's been a bloody cracker, except for CB. I'd just rather we didn't make a move if the move is Mangala out and Evans in.
Tend to agree,but to be fair we all want mangala to be the player we wanted him to be when he signed,but bar the odd good tackle the majority of his game is made up of poor positioning,concentration issues and car crash moments in games,Evans at least brings a wealth of experience from league to Europe,and although no cb is perfect from making mistakes he's a lot better than mangala,maybe if his name was Evansinho people would be wa**ing themselves silly over wanting him signed up..l

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.