NYC, Melbourne and Girona fans

Not really sure why they would be unhappy, their a franchise club, wouldn't even exist without us. The other three clubs on the other hand have basically become our feeder clubs which I wouldn't be happy about if I sup. Iported them.
Some attitudes have changed since NYCFC was created in 2013 but a lot of fans absolutely hate City. They think they can disassociate the City influence which is ironic because without City & CFG, there would be no NYCFC as they know & love it. It's a bit weird really. I have a picture on my phone of a few "New York Reds", all decked out in their AON/AIG kits while holding up NY IS BLUE scarves. Strange breed. I've gotten into it with quite a few of them in the recent past. Nowadays I just leave them alone. Not worth it trying to educate them.

Not really sure why they would be unhappy, their a franchise club, wouldn't even exist without us. The other three clubs on the other hand have basically become our feeder clubs which I wouldn't be happy about if I supported them.

I thought exactly the same mate, but I went on their forums before they'd even played a game and you wouldn't believe some of the shit they were coming out with. They were completely disassociating themselves from us, in fact, any talk of Manchester City was banned from being mentioned because it caused too many arguments.

There was actually one prick on there with a pumped up sense of self-importance because he was from New York saying New York would not be taking any advice on anything from a small city in the UK. This was before they'd even played a game.

I thought exactly the same mate, but I went on their forums before they'd even played a game and you wouldn't believe some of the shit they were coming out with. They were completely disassociating themselves from us, in fact, any talk of Manchester City was banned from being mentioned because it caused too many arguments.

There was actually one prick on there with a pumped up sense of self-importance because he was from New York saying New York would not be taking any advice on anything from a small city in the UK. This was before they'd even played a game.
I think I have run across that bloke when I was there. The guy would argue with everyone about anything. If I said the sky was blue and grass was green he'd have issue with it. There may be more than one individual like that there though.

Of course we have no City fans like that here. :-)

Some attitudes have changed since NYCFC was created in 2013 but a lot of fans absolutely hate City. They think they can disassociate the City influence which is ironic because without City & CFG, there would be no NYCFC as they know & love it. It's a bit weird really. I have a picture on my phone of a few "New York Reds", all decked out in their AON/AIG kits while holding up NY IS BLUE scarves. Strange breed. I've gotten into it with quite a few of them in the recent past. Nowadays I just leave them alone. Not worth it trying to educate them.

Totally agree, what a bunch of pricks they typically are!
When they recently came to Atlanta to play I wore my red n black stripe City shirt (Atlanta's colors) as usual and my mate said "divided loyalties today eh?" I simply replied "nope, Atlanta are my adopted home club" plus my dislike of the jumped up pricks that claim to be fans of NYCFC means it's easy to concentrate my support for AUFC over NYCFC.
Thoroughly obnoxious bunch of idiots who you quite rightly say, try to disassociate themselves with MCFC and CFG if you can actually comprehend that!

Totally agree, what a bunch of pricks they typically are!
When they recently came to Atlanta to play I wore my red n black stripe City shirt (Atlanta's colors) as usual and my mate said "divided loyalties today eh?" I simply replied "nope, Atlanta are my adopted home club" plus my dislike of the jumped up pricks that claim to be fans of NYCFC means it's easy to concentrate my support for AUFC over NYCFC.
Thoroughly obnoxious bunch of idiots who you quite rightly disassociate themselves with MCFC and CFG if you can actually comprehend that!

Yeah as to NYCFC I tried to get into following them at least during the summers but the anti-City vibes kept that from taking hold. Really Columbus are my "local" club but I was never that much into MLS. I am thinking of following Girona whrn possible as that is obviously a better way for now to see actual prospects for City (as opposed to NYC, ovs.)

I was hoping they were just a vocal minority trying to act like they are the biggest soccer fans ("aaah forget about it... I knows ma footbowl, ma maws maws maws maw was Italian")and don't want to tarnish their massive credibility... Like City were some club made up by a billionaire that didn't exist before or some shite like that.

They have started the City in the community project over there, I'm sure there's plenty catching on to what we're about and how good CFG can be for them and the similarities between City and NYCFC(the club actually plays in NYC their more successful rivals do not and so on).

I live in the states and really couldn't have cared less about MLS until I became a MCFC fan. When I found out CFG was "sponsoring" an MLS team is when I started to get interested in NYFC. Not a die-hard but happy to help you out with anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.