Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case, it puts us in a very vulnerable position. We have an investment in the lad, and he's calling the shots. Now Brendan's got in his ear I can see him staying there for the term of his contract and joining them for free at the end - we've basically bought a player for Celtic. There's little difference between what he's doing and what Costa's doing in my opinion. In the circumstances cut our losses, get what we can for him now and seriously reconsider the Celtic partnership because they're benefiting from it a lot more than we are.
Bang on the money..

if foden and diaz get any time thats progress....if say we sign mbappe then we both know diaz will go out on loan and im ok with that. as far as the other youth players go the ones closest to our first team level are all out on loan
I think that can possibly happen, that's why I said Roberts and Zinchenko should be integrated. I really like Diaz but he has it that age that he needs constant game time at a higher level, EDS is pointless for him, a loan to Girona is perfect considering he speaks Spanish and would get decent game time. Foden looked good against United but all the games after that seemed to struggle a little in the 3-5-2, that being said, I think he will do a season of EDS football (which he surprisingly hasn't), train with first team, and get the odd cup game, that is fine for Foden at his stage of development.

With Zinchenko and Roberts gone I think it will be difficult for Pep to integrate youth, So I am sort of unfairly giving him a handicap, but again, it's his choice to keep Diaz and Foden in the squad over Zinchenko and Roberts, when it should be the other way around.

How can we insist on it? Can't force the lad to play for a club he doesn't want to play for.

I know we can't force him, but i doubt it was a case of him not wanting to play for them, but more a case of him really wanting to go back to the easy life at Celtic. It doesn't benefit us in any way, and we should have categorically refused him that option and lined up a number of other suitable options for him to choose from. If he's choosing Celtic over Southampton then i'd just sell him now and be done with it. Clearly lacks the mentality to make it to our required level.

The fact that this kid has been pushing for a move back to Celtic should tell you all you need to know about why Pep doesn't rate him. Would've preferred a permanent deal with a sell on clause to another loan.

I think that can possibly happen, that's why I said Roberts and Zinchenko should be integrated. I really like Diaz but he has it that age that he needs constant game time at a higher level, EDS is pointless for him, a loan to Girona is perfect considering he speaks Spanish and would get decent game time. Foden looked good against United but all the games after that seemed to struggle a little in the 3-5-2, that being said, I think he will do a season of EDS football (which he surprisingly hasn't), train with first team, and get the odd cup game, that is fine for Foden at his stage of development.

With Zinchenko and Roberts gone I think it will be difficult for Pep to integrate youth, So I am sort of unfairly giving him a handicap, but again, it's his choice to keep Diaz and Foden in the squad over Zinchenko and Roberts, when it should be the other way around.

i agree with you on zinchenko, but maybe i have just soured on roberts if he does go back to celtic. if he would have taken a loan to southampton for instance i would have been much happier but i just dont see this kid wanting it enough

foden has the most potential out of all of them so i can understand him staying and getting integrated directly into the first team...he will get sheltered minutes this year and if he can be successful will stay, diaz needs time at girona

next year i think maffeo will be our back-up right back especially if he continues to grow at girona and i think the young brazilian might come close to the first team next year or the year after, garcia is close as well and will probably take fernandinho's or toure's spot in the coming years so with that said i think many players are close but just arent there yet

i agree with you on zinchenko, but maybe i have just soured on roberts if he does go back to celtic. if he would have taken a loan to southampton for instance i would have been much happier but i just dont see this kid wanting it enough

foden has the most potential out of all of them so i can understand him staying and getting integrated directly into the first team...he will get sheltered minutes this year and if he can be successful will stay, diaz needs time at girona

next year i think maffeo will be our back-up right back especially if he continues to grow at girona and i think the young brazilian might come close to the first team next year or the year after, garcia is close as well and will probably take fernandinho's or toure's spot in the coming years so with that said i think many players are close but just arent there yet
Maffeo's development at Girona has been really promising, this season will be his 3rd year and it's clear Girona, like Celtic, are a club we can trust to send loanees to that will improve.

Next season, I'd like to see Toure and Fernandinho gone; I think they have done us well but the defensive midfield position needs to be refreshed. I Think Maffeo should backup Walker as RB and Danilo should go into the midfield, he has the pace, energy and general football ability to be a destroyer, and along with Garcia and that Brazilian guy at Girona (who looks promising), I don't think we need to buy a DM as many people have suggested.

Maffeo's development at Girona has been really promising, this season will be his 3rd year and it's clear Girona, like Celtic, are a club we can trust to send loanees to that will improve.

Next season, I'd like to see Toure and Fernandinho gone; I think they have done us well but the defensive midfield position needs to be refreshed. I Think Maffeo should backup Walker as RB and Danilo should go into the midfield, he has the pace, energy and general football ability to be a destroyer, and along with Garcia and that Brazilian guy at Girona (who looks promising), I don't think we need to buy a DM as many people have suggested.

im with you on toure and dinho...danilo as a DM as well as luiz (i think thats the young brazilians name) gundo and garcia all should be in our plans for next season at that position

Good luck Patrick!!
Great loan move not much of a decision really champions league football regular first team football or sat on a bench at Stoke...
Good on you for getting what you wanted not the shit offered..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.